Does anybody know of a good face cleaner and makeup for oily skin. I put makeup on then I swear within 1 hour it is gone because of the oil my face. Please help!!!

jovon79

Asked by jovon79 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• try the st ives apricot scrub first then before you but on your makeup put some baby powder...i had teh same prob
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 6:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Use a scrub of some sort to wash off the oil, then use a toner. Which will take care of the excess that was left over. Then try the neutragena line, it's made for oily, problem skin.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Use Neutrogena cleansing products also a toner for the oily skin. For the make-up try Bare Minerals. It has a great powder called Mineral Veil that takes away the shine and helps the make-up last all day. I have been using these for years. I also have oily and dry skin with some adult acne too.

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Ladies. overscrubbing make you produce more oil. . .
    Scrub no more than twice a week. neutregena does make great products for this.
    use toner religeously. You can check out the clinique three step system as well. They can tailor it to you.
    Get a mattifying lotion. There are dozens out there. Mark makes a good one. There are several at sephora and the girls there can really help you out.
    Try an OIL FREE primer to help your make up stay on. Smash box makes a good one.
    I have schizophrenic skin, depending on which stage of pregnancy I am in. RIght now I'm oily/prone to break outs.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I was going to say, also, use a primer for your makeup
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My niece is the same way. Let me show you what she is using...Mary Kay
    TimeWise® 3-In-1 Cleanser (Combination/Oily)
    This combination to oily formula washes away excess oil with a lathering cleanser that leaves skin feeling thoroughly cleansed and balanced. It cleanses, exfoliates and freshens in one step as it begins the process to reveal younger-looking skin. Plus, it's gentle enough to use twice a day for soft, smooth and refreshed skin.
    Oil Mattifier
    Absorbs oil and helps control shine for at least eight hours. And you can reapply it throughout the day – even over your foundation.
    Beauty Blotters® Oil-Absorbing Tissues
    Handy tissues that blot away excess oil and help keep makeup fresh.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• She uses the Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation...and color line. And also has the Mary Kay Pressed Mineral Powder.
    She is having great luck with this combo. And loves the Beauty Blotters..
    www.marykay.com/smcgarity1
    heavenschild99

• I am SO oily and this is what works for me. I've been using this same regimen for YEARS. Clinique Wash Away Gel cleanser, followed by Clinique toner for oily skin and then Clinique Dramatically Different Moisterizing Gel. As for makeup, I use Bare Minerals primer and their foundation. I still get a bit shiny on the nose( use a oil blotting sheet) but my oil is way more under control. You can get the entire Clinique regimen in a set for like $30 I think. Seriously try it.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Check out Rodan+Fields Unblemish line...it actually changes your skin to control the oil!! It's amazing! Online at: http://jamieg.myrandf.com/ I'd love to tell you more if you're interested...
    jrgorby19

Answer by jrgorby19 at 7:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Maybe you would like to check out arbonne. First off their skin care is great. It is self adjust so adjusts to your skins needs. Also they have a great products called Personalizer (oil absorbing powder) it is great. Krista Embry (famous make up artist) loves this product as people under camera lights get oily or sweat and this keeps them looking great. She also recommends our make up. which actually helps your skin just just make you look cute! LOL Beauty with benfits. I can send you a sample of the skin care if your interested and everything has a 45 day guarentee if you for some reason don't like the color of a shadow or something.. lol no questions asked! Let me know if you ahve any questions and good luck!
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 5:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008