Why,why, Why???

Why won't my relavites believe anything I say about my generalized anxiety disorder? They will not believe certain negative things I do is because of my disorder. Why won't people get that through their thick skulls?? I even sent them e-mail web-sites about my disorder. All I get in return is the silent treatment. I am so fed up and hurt. They show no interests in me. Iam totally ignored. I feel disowned and unaccepted. I tried explaining my conditipn and they just won't buy it. I haven't said any lies. I am having a very hard time coping. It's hard for me to ignore them like they are me. Please, I need advice, any kind of help is appreciated.

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 7:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• That's a shame that they wont listen or support you. Esp. after you have provided them information about it. That's like saying you dont believe someone has a heart condition or cancer. Just b/c you dont understand it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Are there support groups for your disorder? Are you seeing a professional for it? Maybe they can offer some kind of "enlightenment" that will get thru to them. The main thing is for You to take care of You! Dont worry about them or what they think. Eventually they may come around. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Show them records,notes, or prescriptions from your diagnosing doc if you really want them to believe you. That should shut them up.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 7:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• They have problems of their own. Don't stress yourself about what they understand about your condition.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You cannot live your life worried about what others think,. You know the truth and that's all that matters. If you are mistreating them (IF) then no disorder is an exuse for that. That would make sense why they wouldn't want to talk to you. Otherwise just let it go and move on.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have to agree with Jackie, you can not live your life worried about what other ppl think. I am sorry they dnt support you or understand what u are going through.. keep your chin up.
    sassyt509

Answer by sassyt509 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Don't you have an official diagnosis? If you do, then you should have something that would prove that you have this disorder. If you are diagnosed with a disorder that causes you to do things, then showing proof that you have that disorder would help back up what you are telling your relatives.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 8:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• showing them any other prove wouldn't even matter. The fACTS ARE IN THE E-MAILS I HAVE ALREADY SENT THEM. i CAN'T make them think they way i would like them to. They are broke.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have several dr diagnosis. even a judge approved me for disability for other reasons as well. They know this. there isn't any other prove. I feel i shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone one. I know the truth. not my problems that people don't believe me.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Websites don't prove that you have this disorder. It shows that there is such a disorder, but doesn't prove you have it. Do you or don't you have a doctor's diagnosis stating that you have this disorder?

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 9:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We were typing at the same time.  lol

If you have all this proof. Then you are right. If they don't believe you that's their problem and not  yours. You can't force them to accept it or you.  Maybe you are better off without them involved in your life. It sounds like they have more of a negative affect on you than positive. 

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 9:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011