How do i find the best day care when needed?

I want my son first schooling to be a challenge, and creative .

urselbaker

Asked by urselbaker at 7:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• So your talking like a preschool daycare? In my area we can go and sit in on the classes in the spri g before enrolling our kids. We can also send them one day by themselves. Jpid look into that in your area. Also go online and look. Our area has a website called 4cs.com that helps narrow what your looking for and what daycare provides it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• find you local child care resource and referral agency (find them at www.childcareaware.org)

peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Whatever you do, follow your gut, if the place seems awesome but your stomach tells you otherwise, there is a reason!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with the go with your gut comment. It is very important to trust you instinct. I personally love the in home child care atmosphere over a traditional daycare. But if your son is preschool aged, then you definitely want to look into their inspections and all that. I am in TX and we have a site through the department of family protection services. I'm sure there are others for all states though.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'd look into LICENSED care, and even NAEYC accredited places. Make sure they follow a good curriculum. Tour the pl;ace, get a feel for it, observe how the children seem, observe how the staff interact with the children, etc.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• How old is he, what is your budget like, and do you prefer a type of philosophy?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2011