good cheap christmas presents for all

Well like many this year we are running a little low on cash. I was wondering is anyone has good ideas for xmas presents for all members of the family that wont break the bank.

bearcat84

Asked by bearcat84 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We're in the same situation. We are going to get a family portrait done and hand out the prints for gifts. For close friends and family we'll buy some inexpenseive frames and for extended family and friends we're not very close with we'll just stick one in their card. We've done this before and have never heard any complaints! For our friends and families that have kids we'll get thema group gift like a DVD or something they can all enjoy.
    mom_of_two84

Answer by mom_of_two84 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree with mom of two84...a family board game or movie is a great idea maybe with a plate of homemade cookies and card

Anonymous

• Our family gift this year will be a "Make your own game" kit from Barnes and Noble for family night.  I'm buying that as a family gift, and each child (I have four) gets 1 $25 dollar present and 2 books... my husband and I don't really ever buy gifts for each other, and this years presents have nothing really to do with economy we just tend to not buy a lot for x-mas and b-days.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree with the PP...my SO and I don't buy gifts for each other either and it does help out financially. I don't know if you're into black friday, but they have a ton of awesome deals that day, and if you're on a budget, it can sure help out. I plan on going to WalMart first thing in the morning and getting the DVDs they always have marked down real low...sometimes to $2 or $3 and giving those as gifts to most of the kids.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• fast food gift cards.
    popcorn tins
    a plaque to put on the front door with the family name
    I love giving soaps and lotions. ( the men love them too. they just dont say,ha ha)
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008