Why is so much of the abortion discussion filled with slut shaming?What about shaming men as well? adult content

Slut-shaming, also known as slut-bashing, is the idea of shaming and/or attacking a woman or a girl for being sexual, having one or more sexual partners, acknowledging sexual feelings, and/or acting on sexual feelings. Furthermore, it’s “about the implication that if a woman has sex that traditional society disapproves of, she should feel guilty and inferior”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't understand. What does an abortion have to do with that type of behavior?
    Anonymous

• Because we're suppose to be better than THAT. Men are horny beasts. We're suppose to be ladies about our sexuality. Also,most of the birth control is in our control. All guys have are condoms

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Well, probably because men can't have abortions, and I think in most cases (NOT ALL) an abortion is in play party because there is no man in the picture. So what man is there to bash? And sadly, it is accepted for men to have sex with as many people as they can, whenever they can. Society looks down on women for being sexually active and is opposite for men!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i don't think a woman is a slut just because she doesnt know how to use birth control...maybe a dumbass
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have expressed the aversion to using abortion as birth control. There are better methods, but I don't equate that to 'slut bashing'. I have never actually heard the term. Someone must have hit a nerve with you OP.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think most women who claim to have only one partner lie! I have friends who I told their DH's that they were virgins. One friend who was married ask me to tell her DH she was raped if the baby was born black. I did not, I had to tell the truth at that time.
    But the point is the more bashing some people do, the more guilty they are.
    But yes men should be held responsible, as a matter of fact maybe some of these abortions are children that would compromise the guys marriage.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Because for as long as even I can remember... and once had a Sunday school teacher litter states to a room full of teenagers!!! (I don't agree), it has been taught that males are inheritably evil, and this is what is to be expected by them, and females should know to close their legs! I personally was taught by those around me it takes 2! And why I dropped out of that particular church…

Society dictates males as God’s and women as sluts… and in MANY cultures women are to be “pure”… doubt it’ll change any time soon because a couple people get their feelings hurt over how other view them? Because promiscuity still has more negatives than positives, if that makes sense…
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Well, if a woman CHOOSES to be promiscuous, gets pregnant and then choose to have an abortion, she is simply showing that she does not hold herself in high regard, and does not care about the life or lives she has created through her actions.

I have trouble sympathizing with, or respecting women who play "Russian Roulette" with their bodies.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have the profanity filter on, and for some reason, can't read your post. Kids are up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Lax parenting starts in the home and then the public school system reinforces what the visual/audio media espouses...Parents must parent and stop thinking that what they stand for doesn't matter...it does...the parent just doesn't follow through and the message the girl receives is that it really doesn't matter...she can do as she pleases and what feels good. Be assertive and set the limits and rules and boundaries (just like the Dog Whisperer) and then be prepared to follow through. There has been far too much call for respect of the child when what is needed is for the child to respect the authority and wisdom and guidance of the parent. Tolerance for name-calling should be zero and it starts in the home. Promote school vouchers to straighten up the schools and monitor your childrens entertainment as if her very life depends on it...because it might.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 7:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011