When you think of mobile home/trailor....

Do you automatically think trashy people? If so why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No, i dont think trash at all. Now if i see a run down trailer park then yea, but there are times when some trailers are nicer than some small homes.
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Very true mommato2! I completely agree with you. I know several people who live in trailers that are really nice.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 7:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• No. I used to live in a trailor park with my dad, and we were not trashy at all, just down on our luck. I had lots of friends and stuff, and not all of them were trashy. Trashy people live in nice neighborhoods to :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I live in one and I am in no way trashy.. It doent matter what you live in it doesnt make you what you are the way to act and live is what makes you "Trashy"
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My son lives in a trailer on his own land. He is FAR from trashy. He's a redneck..but they are two totally different things. He is 24 owns his land, owns his trailer, owns his car and his wife owns hers. All their bills are paid. He is a FF/EMT She is a Paramedic. They serve their community both in paid and volunteer positions. He loves BBQ, beer, guns and mudding...but it doesn't make him trashy. I know people twice his age that own nothing and their life is a mess. I'd say that makes him pretty damn successfull.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Nah. My son lives in one with his dad. Theirs is... in need of renos, we'll say, but the trailer park itself is a really nice one. Most of the places there are really updated and nice-looking.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Pleas be nice to me as I say When I think of trailer parks I honestly do think trailer trash. Most of the trailer parks in my area are incredibly run down due to the neglect of the young(ish) people living in them, or because the elderly just CAN'T do the maintenance anymore. I see garbage everywhere, run down vehicles, and an miasma of smells that make me want to gag. Because of that I have a negative mental image, but by no means think that ALL people that live in trailer-type homes are the scum of the earth.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Usually, yes. I have known people to have nice double wides on their own property, but the majority of times I see trailer parks they are run down and not well kept.

Answer by missanc at 8:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Nope my Dad lives in a very nice double wide.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• no i don't My sister owns a triple wide, they are the one and only owners of the home, it's on a foundation, it's a beautiful home. The only problem with premanufactures homes like that is at the same time she bought her home, a neighbor down the street was buying the same exact house! they are like book ends.

Oh and I have only lived in non trailer homes since my DH joined the Army 5 yrs ago
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2011