Pain from sitting to standing?

I'm 8w2d and I noticed that when I am sitting for a short period of time and then stand, I get kind of like a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It feels like a stretching pain, but I was just wondering if anyone else gets this pain?

I may also be getting it because I am in bed most the of the day...

ajfoster88

Asked by ajfoster88 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your body is growing and stretching. That's probably all it is. It probably doesn't help that you spend so much time in bed... your body isn't used to moving around and so it hurts more! Are you on bedrest?
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It sounds like your uterus is just doing some stretching to prepare for the baby :) It is perfectly normal, as long as it is not terrible, or associated with any blood. Enjoy being pregnant!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I still have that at 27 weeks but its right on my pelvic bone. Try to stretch regularly and it's not too early to start sleeping with a pillow between your knees.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 7:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Early in pregnancy I would get cramping and what felt like charly horses in my tummy. I would also get stomach twitches. when I went to the dr. he told me to take 2 tums a day. I also made sure that my vitamins I was taking also contained potassium. As long as I take both of them my cramps and spasms stay away. If I don't take them then they come back.

Good luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have always had that issue early in pregnancy. Your muscles just aren't what they used to be and those ligaments pull like crazy. The "trick" is just standing up like an old person. I know early on you feel totally capable of moving about in the pre-pregnancy way, but things are changing on the inside. So, stand slower, use the arm rests to help you up, avoid quick movements.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2011