What would you do if you were in my shoes??? (Ex texting my man) WTF?

OK I am getting so sick and tired of all of a sudden my dh's ex texting him I know it's all about their teenage kids but some how she tries to make small talk I don't know why she is starting to do this she acts like she is being a good buddy with him she just had a new man in her life move in after 5 months knowing him but before that she kicked her dh out of the house for bringing a woman into their bed and now she is texting my man hell yeah it bothers me don't know if I want to know what she has to say or should I just turn the other check (BUT I CANT)...UGH!!! Help I can't get over this.
I just wish that she would just loose his number and live her so called life...I guess I feel this way bc she takes advantage of my man and doesn't think twice about it. We are alittle behind on c/s (16 & 17) and she holds that over his head....ugh! It makes me sick. Ladies what can you tell me to ease this ugly feeling please no bashing I already feel bad :( I ma not letting my dh know about it and I do love my sk it's just her that makes it so hard.
When I see her I see her as a fake person like everything is fine and dandy in her life...I guess I'd be pretending too if I was on the receiving end. Please no bashing....wah!!!! I know I am getting a grip on myself.
Thanks Ladies!!! Be Kind!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm friendly with my ex. I don't want him and we are not friends but we do have a child in commen and I never want my child to feel hostility between us.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 7:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Maybe it's not his ex your worried about, but your s/o. He loved her enough to have kids with her, and SHE kicked HIM out, now she realizes her mistake, and s/o has a history of cheating....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i think maybe she's just trying to chat to him, not necessarily anything wrong. i can see where it would bother you, i can't tell you to not let it but i think you should let it go. i talk to my ex sometimes, we have one child together and we are "friendly" and try to get along for our son. we have some holidays together and have his bday together. as for the c/s thing i don't think she's holding it over his head (but you didn't give examples of it) bc she's probably a little bit upset that he got behind at all. i know it happens but she has a right to ask about that money. it will work better if you don't have such animosity towards her. remember you have the man and don't worry about her at all, you're giving her the power to end your relationship if you let it go too far in your own mind. gl
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think you are over reacting. especially if they have kids, its totally normal for them to be communicating. And really, what is wrong with small talk? have you never ever talked to an ex before? My bf talks to his ex sometimes, and they dont have kids. i talk to some of my exs bc they are cool people. I wouldnt be to worried. Do some meditating reading, take a relaxing bath. I doubt its anything to worry about.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I wish I could never talk to my ex again but becaue he is the father of my child... so it's going to happen until my son is atleast 18... so not to sound rude but you are going to have to deal with it... it sucks, trust me I am in a bitter battle with my ex and it sucks... but you need to think about the kid/s. GL
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• * K I meant meditating BREATHING, not reading. lol
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• if you are behind on child support chances are she is just trying to be nosy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I can understand how you feel but its better that she is trying to be nice instead of being a bitch... right?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Maybe because your ex is a known cheater you are just afraid that he'll cheat on you?????? Also, it's GOOD that she wants to be friendly with her ex...they have cchildren together, it's a GOOD THING to be civil.
    Anonymous

• @angevil53 no one knows what I am feeling just you ladies I act civil towards her I just don't like the way she goes about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011