Have you heard of attachment disoder at all ?

have you heard or know a child with attachment disorder
trying to find out how well know it is !!

these are the symptoms

1. Lack of impulse control
2. Self destructive behaviors
3. Intense displays of anger (rage)
4. Destruction of property
5. Preoccupation with fire, gore, or evil
6. Aggression toward others
7. Inappropriate sexual conduct and attitudes
8. Cruelty to animals
9. Frequently defies rules
10. Cannot tolerate limits and external control
11. Victimizes others (perpetrator, bully)
12. Exploitive (manipulative, controlling)
13. Bossy
14. Consistently irresponsible
15. Inappropriately demanding and clingy
16. Marked mood changes
17. Stealing
18. Deceitful (lying, conning)
19. Hoarding, over eatting
20. Sleep disturbance
1. Enuresis (wets self)
22. Encopresis (soils self)
23. Hyperactivity
24. Abnormal eating habits
25. Persistent nonsense questions and incessant chatter
26. Lack of cause and effect thinking
27. Lack of remorse and conscience
28. Learning disorders
29. Language disorders
30. Perceives self as victim (helpless)
31. Grandiose sense of self-importance
32. Perceives others as unsafe, dangerous
33. Not affectionate on parents' terms
34. Frequently depressed, sad
35. Feelings of hopelessness
36. Inappropriate emotional response
37. Superficially engaging and charming
38. Lack of eye contact on parents terms
39. Indiscriminately affection with strangers
40. Lack of long-term friends
41. Unstable peer relationships
42. Blames others for own mistakes or problems
43. Victimized by others

there to types there normal attachment disorder and reactive attachment disorder or it gets called rad

if you do have or work or deal at all with a child with any kind of attachment disorder please joine

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113188?ct=wdg_my_groups

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 7:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Adoption

• I have a nephew with I think it is/was reactionary attachment disorder. My BIL's house was the 4th placement in a year for the then 4 year old boy. He also has a sensory processing disorder that he gets treated for.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yes, I live with it every day. My granddaughter was abused and neglected before being placed by CPS in our home. She is much better than she was 6 yrs ago...but every day is a struggle in some way with her.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I place CPS children in foster/adoptive homes, and this is a common disorder -- especially in children who have abused and/or neglected. A lot of them can grow out of it -- with a lot of patience and love.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• BaileysMom...thank you. That is the most encouraging thing I've heard in a long time. Our GKs have been with us 6 yrs now. I'm worn out long before the end of the day. For a while I thought his developemental delays and 4 therapy appts a weeks were what was wearing me out. It is..it is her RAD. ...and I can see that she is getting better. She finally trusts that we will never hurt her.. We still have to keep her away from her brother with an alarm on his door at night. It is exhausting to say the least. Thanks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yes, a good friend has two adopted kids from Russia. The younger one has this. Despite every effort toward "attachment parenting" she has this problem. They wonder if it's cause she was a little older when they got her. Their son was 8 months old. This one was around 2.5. A very real disorder.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We had some foster children placed with us that had the disorder, they were not with us for terribly long, but long enough. I know that there are some therapies out there and some work, but most don't. It is very sad that these kids are so damaged by their parents, or lack of parents(i.e. orphanages, etc) that they have so many problems. I wish the best for all of you who are dealing with this, I know it is not easy.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• thank you for being so trouthfull i have started a gorup you maybe able to help some of my members out if you join
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i'm a custonal step parents my step son has it thanks to his birth mum he not got rad but there older sister not in our care dose and i find a lot of time in step parent group they jusp to adhd can tell you how ment times i put that symptom list up to be told omg that my step kids so i'm not wondering how meny people know if it and what kinda kids mostly get disnosed i'm also trying to step up a good suport group
    and yes i am dyslexic sorry about the spelling lol
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• researched it. please don't bash me, but this is the reason we are not considering adoption at this time. I've watched documentaries on it about kids adopted over seas. Often, they spend the first year to first several years in an orphanage with little adult contact and/or affection. They often have about 1 caregiver per 20-50 children, so easy to understand how this happens. The babies often spend most of their time in a crib with little social interaction even with other babies. It's sad, scary, and heartbreaking. I've watched documentaries about parents who despite the love they give, get nowhere, sometimes living in fear. We have one child, i can't get past the idea of an adopted child hurting our child. I belive a commitement is forever, so that is why we cannot make that commitment right now (to adopt). I have practiced attatchment parenting, and see the benefits, so i can understand how kids who are unattatched suffer.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 8:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yes it very true and the younger you get your child he better that chance of not having attachmet disorder but not all adoptive children have it meny do not . and my step son may have attachment disorder buy he his the best big brother in the world to my 2 younge sons
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011