Can anyone recommend a hair straightener that costs less than $100?

My stylist says she can get a Chi straightener with her professional discount, but it's $100 and I just can't justify that. I have a $25 Conair, but I'm not too happy with it. Any advice?

spencersmum

Asked by spencersmum at 6:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i got a helen of troy for like 35 bucks from sally beauty

i have really thick curly hair and it works like a charm!! i am very happy with it
    jramsaran

Answer by jramsaran at 8:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It's not the brand that matters, it's the heat it puts out. The hotter it gets, the better! A friend of mine is bi-racial and has a straightener that she swears by. I think she said it gets into the 300 degree mark somewhere and works like a charm! She says it was only about $50- $60.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have a Revlon one with the Turmaline technology and it does good. It was around $40 I think. It might not be as good as a Chi, but it's what I was willing to pay. haha
    Anna_2250

Answer by Anna_2250 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• http://www.folica.com/Chi_Flat_I_317_1.html They are on sale right now!! People always think that the hotter the straightener the better.. that is all wrong. Ceramic high quality straightens distribute a more even heat.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I got my chi a few years ago for like 89.00.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have ALWAYS bought Hot Tools products....tried a cheapy Revlon one a while back, HATED IT! It was horrible! This time around, needing a new straightener (the ceramic rubbed off AGAIN) I bought one of those wet2dry ones...I think its by Conair.......BEST straightener Ive ever purchased! My hair stays straight longer and it takes almost 1/2 the time to get my hair done. Sometimes I burn my fingers on the steam vents....Im a little clumsy LOL It was only like $25 at Walmart.....
    ZOCCOLA

Answer by ZOCCOLA at 10:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• GO ON EBAY AND GET A CHI!! ... A FRIEND OF MINE JUST GOT A BRAND NEW CHI ON EBAY FOR $65.00 ... WHAT A DEAL!!
    qwnbea2

Answer by qwnbea2 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008