Trying to get my hubby to cook

Does anyone have an suggestions? My husband doesn't know much about cook and really doesn't want to learn but now that i am working nights my husband is going to have to feed our two year old dinner. is there any way i can get my hubby interested in cooking something simple for our son? That way our son won't be eating frozen food or take out all the time.

Does anyone else have issues with getting their husband in the kitchen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Could it be that he is unsure about cooking. It can be quite daunting at first. I had a neighbor that had trouble understanding how to make Tuna Helper. He would come over and ask me questions about cooking. You see, his wife had just given birth to their 1st child and had never cooked before. He refused to cook when he and his wife were first married. Seven children later, he can cook with the best of us. Good luck.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• If I were you, I'd try to be sneaky about it. Invite him into the kitchen when you cook, just to talk or something, and say "hey, can you chop up these green peppers?" or something like that.
    A friend of mine actually had a similar issue with her hubby that she told me about. He was always asking her to bring home dinner when she was working until 7, 8, 9:00 and she said "hey, it's easy to cook you know", and she showed him how to use the crock pot! Now he loves to use it and dinner is waiting for her a lot of the time.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i know my husband is scared of cooking he has told me that i have offered to teach him but he has told me he has no interest in cooking. the problem is i'm working 5pm-3am. I just don't know how to teach him or get him interested.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Try giving him some easy recipes. On the weekend, cut up meat and veggies and plan the meals ahead, and that will save hime from having to worry about that part for now. Let him get used to one thing at a time. Crock pot stuff is really easy (and this is the perfect time of year for it). You can't force him to like it or get interested, but it has to be done. It's not worth the health risks of frozen dinners and other processed foods for the sake of convenience (though I realize he may feel otherwise). Try to keep it as simple as possible. Even firing up the grill may be good, and stimulate his man juices. Let him grill chicken and veggies, and slice up a loaf of whole wheat bread, and you're all set! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You need a lot of patience to have him cook. Train him well!!!
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2011