So I'm 18 weeks but suppostely this last time i went to the doc she said my belly too big for 18 weeks! im worried am i having twins?

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Dont freak yourself out for nothing. Even if you are- you cant change it- you just get twice the blessings :) GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yeah but can be that im Having twins? maybe ? its a possibility
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm a mom of twins, and I was always small, so it's not a reliable tool. Your edd could be off. Only way to know is to have an u/s. GL to you!
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• If you were having twins, the dr should have found that out by now! Have you not had an ultrasound or listened for the heartbeat? Measuring large is not an accurate indicator of having twins.

Answer by missanc at 8:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• no i havent got the ultrasound! and yes we did listened already to my babys heart but when she measured she said my belly was like 20 and it didnt go with the 18 weeks not sure really i didnt asked her! but yeah maybe im just being a little too paranoid .
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Measuring the stomach is not an accurate tool to determine how far along you are. Every doctor does it differently. That is what ultrasounds are for, and you'll get a more accurate due date after your first ultrasound. Of course, I still disagree with my ultrasound tech's assessment. I'm convinced I'm a week further along than they think I am. They also keep saying I'm measuring a little bit big at my appointments, but there's definitely only one little boy moving around in there :D
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• 2 weeks ahead by fundal height is not much. If it were twins it would be a lot more.
    2 cm is within normal.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• you might be furthur along then what was thought or the baby may be a bigger then what is thought
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• well, you measure two weeks ahead of what? Did you track your ovulation? Cause usually they just base the due date off the date of your last period - so maybe you ovulated earlier than the doctor estimated?
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Two things come to mind. Either you may be carrying a lot of amniotic fluid, or you could be having a big baby.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2011