Do you shop at goodwill or any thrift store?

I used to always buy stuff brand new until my mother open my eyes to a whole new way of buying things. I bought all the xmas decorations from goodwill and my house never looked so good I think I only spent less than 100 in all all my house! I mean the whole house had xmas stuff .

I bought clothes for my kids too and toys and things to decorate the house. Does anybody loves shopping there too>??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Shopping

• Yes, I like to compare shopping at thrift stores/resale stores to a 'treasure hunt' because I never know what kind of 'treasures' or 'goodies' I will find. My favorite purchases were 3 brand new Liz Claiborne purses for $3.00, a cart-full of good condition brand name kids clothes (some were even new with dept. store tags still on) on sale for $1.25 each and I usually manage to find quite a few good books as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I love it!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i love to shop at goodwill you can find really good stuff there
    troubledmom37

Answer by troubledmom37 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• 2 days ago I got a few awesome things there! I wish there were more thrift stores by me
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• All the time. We have two different Goodwills, two Salvation Armies, and a couple other thrift stores in town and I go to all of them.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The thrift stores were our "Mall" when I was growing up. I don't shop there like the rest of my family still does..but I do go regularly. I like to look for the killer buys. 2 months ago I found a brand new London Fog jacket with the $89 tag still on it for $9.50 for my grandson. I used to find lots of Chilrens Place and Gymboree stuff there when he was still a baby. I bought my husband a faux sheep lined levi jacket over 10 yrs ago...he still wears it. I think I paid 4 bucks for it..lol.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I LOVE thrift stores :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I love Goodwill!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with dancinintherain, I think of it as a treasure hunt, too. I love to go. Sometimes you find a lot of great stuff...sometimes not, you never know. My daughter loves it because it helps to the earth, as she would say. It is reusing things that may have otherwise ended up in a landfill, not to mention the resources saved in not manufacturing new items. And we donate our usused items, too.
    struezel

Answer by struezel at 9:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I haven't shopped at a thrift store in sooo long..but I love doing so! It's amazing what you can find.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011