Normal or not ?

Okay so Im 18 weeks pregnant and i ve been feeling lower back pains and also mild pains in my stomach like i stretched a muscle is all of that normal to feel ?

emster18

Asked by emster18 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yup. Most likely it's just your muscles feeling the strain of your uterus, which is growing in size and weight to support your baby. It will come and go throughout your pregnancy. Congrats!

I'm at 29wks with my second. A great book to get to help you understand what you're feeling is "What to expect when you're expecting" I think that's what it's called. Of course, Cafemom is a great site for asking questions too :D Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I didn't feel anything like that until much much later. I would get checked out.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm 26 weeks and I've been feeling it for a long time. I had two days at 21 weeks where I could barely move because of the ligament pain. I'd say 100% normal!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011