How can I get my child to drink milk out of a cup?

She will be 2 in august and gags everytime I give her milk in a sippy cup. She will only take milk from a bottle. I want her OFF the bottle!!! Please help?!?!?

Kosto1120

Asked by Kosto1120 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just take the bottle away. My mom had a problem with this with my brother. He would only take milk in the bottle. She waited too long to take the bottle away and to this day he won't drink milk (but he does eat a lot of cheese so he gets milk that way).

Try giving it to her in a big girl cup (with you right there ofcourse). She might be willing to drink it that way.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• hello my son will be two the first of aug ive had him off a cup for awhile and he cant drink milk cuz pf his eczema. but what you could try is these sippy cups that the part they suck on is like a nipple you can get them at walmart wal-greens and kroger thats where i have seen them but it worked and they are only like 2 bucks or 97cents and you can use those in replace of a bottle and then move them to a regular sippy cup after. good luck let me kno what happens
    sexyred8106

Answer by sexyred8106 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• It's all about the cup! buy her the big girl cup of her choice, with her favorite character....Dora, cinderella, backyardigans .. etc..
    Fill up her bottle with water, and Fill her sippy cup with milk or juice....Good luck darling!
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 12:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Thanks everyone.... I took the bottle away from her ans started giving her milk in the sippy cup. She politely gave it back and asked for juice. ( she'll drink juice and water from a cup all day long) So I tried a big girl cup, still gagging(sp?), last i tried a cup with a straw and this time she threw up! I feels so bad!!!!
    Kosto1120

Answer by Kosto1120 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• What kind of cup are you giving her? If the sippy cup doesn't have a valve, she could be gagging b/c the flow of milk is too strong for her right now. Playtex sippy cups are great...
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• put chocolate in it that is what i did to my son try it
    ADENSMOMMY123

Answer by ADENSMOMMY123 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2008