My 1 mon. old has little bumps all over her scalp and face..

and also her scalp is really flaky/scaly feeling. could this be a combonation of cradle cap and baby acne? would she get baby acne on her scalp?

madelyns_mom08

Asked by madelyns_mom08 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this happened with my 2nd child. Turned out to be the Bert's Bee's baby oil I was putting on my skin after baths. I tended to nurse my little one right after the bath and that oil caused that reaction
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• take baby oil and put it on her head and take a fine tooth comb and comb it trust me it will not hurt the cradle cap will come right out as far as her face I think its baby acne my doc told me no lotion on her face and to clean her face everyday with bottle water and cotton balls it worked great I did it about 5 times a day and what a difference in about 2 days .....good luck

Anonymous

• Could be your soap and lotion, my son had the same thing, his doctor suggusted switching his lotion and soap and it went away in less than a week! She said to use unsented lotion and soaps, I use the Aveeno baby stuff. (also could have something to do with the laundry detergent you are using, I use Dreft)
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• www.cetaphil.com

they have great products and you can get them at your local stores

Anonymous

• My baby boy had both and his ped doc said that neither the baby acne or the cradle cap are that bad first of all and that some "cures" could actually make it worse and told me to just leave it alone. It will go away eventually and if the cradle cap gets REALLY bad then I would just use the fine toothed comb without the oil after your babies bath....Don't worry, it will go away!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• have you asked if it could be Exzyma??? on the skin??? just a thought.... it will go away, but we started to use the hypo. laundry soap, and hypo baby wash for our second little one:) cradle cap, there is a special brush/comb at target that worked really good for us:) you can put baby wash in the brush, or just use it by it's self... it works really nice:) Good luck!
    mommyofrubylena

Answer by mommyofrubylena at 9:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008