Who did NOT have a baby shower

Why and how did you feel about it?

*I didnt have one because some people had bad ideas then at one point I only wanted one person there and thought that might have been weird so I never did it. The one person was a friend from way back when so it would have been more of a get together than shower cause I didnt have anyone else to invite. I bought everything he needed so not like i went without anything*

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was pregnant twice and both times my mom said we do not throw baby showers for unwed mothers it just looks bad and looks like begging. So she got her way and now I feel okay but then I was crushed.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• With my first son, my in-laws were AMAZING and threw me one, too bad my ex was nothing like his family??? Hahaha

With my husband of the past 13 years (13 years in June)... he is absolutely amazing and his family is the worst I've ever known... so none??? I figured they were not capable of behaving like human beings, and since they try to metaphorically eat their own young, not worth crying over... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My SIL was supposed to throw me a baby shower for my first one, but accordingly to her b/c I had really busy schedule, she didn't want to impose on my time (right, I was only pregnant for about 9 months and you couldn't find 4 hours?...meanwhile she told me to register prior to the baby-shower which I had to de-register b/c I had to buy everything myself (and not wait for others to gift it), personally I think she just flaked for whatever reason). Now I know her better, I don't hold it personally anymore, some people are just flaky. Over the years I've learned and still learning to adjust my expectations.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I am getting ready to have my 4th child and I've never had a baby shower.  I knew exactly what I wanted to buy and I didn't want to have someone else give me a shower and then be ungrateful in any way for what I received.  I said to hell with all that and we got everything ourselves, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I had one with my first but not my second and don't expect to have one with this one either.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• MrsHouston47302 - totally agree with you!! Besides I don't really need to be aweing and ahhing at the same yellow duck outfit 76 times in a 4-hour period. If it's about a girls get-together, it should just be good food and good company. God knows the mother-to-be is going to be surrounded by baby stuff for the next 3 years! In fact, when and if my best friend decides to have a child, I am going to throw her an unconventional baby-shower, where there's only adult food, pedicure, manicure, mini-spa treatments...LOL!! (it sounds like you deserve one too! #4! Bless your heart!)
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• With my first born we had no shower but I did have friends visit a few weeks before I gave birth dropping off presents.
    The next 2. Nothing at all
    With DD we had a small party AT the hospital lol. My SIL brought cake and flowers and ballons and presents. I unwrapped everything there in the bed while in labor. Was pissed because I couldn't have the cake... I snuck a bite anyway, sue me LoL!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'm having my 5th and never had a shower. Except #2 was a joint one with a coworker, but mostly her friends were there and she got the bulk of the gifts. So it was like, I was at her baby shower but I was pregnant too so they inclukded me in the pictures. I would actually like to have a baby shower this time but I know I won't considering I can't think of one person who would be happy I'm having a 5th. Even though my other 4 are well taken care of and I'm married.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My 2nd kid i didn't have a baby shower but i didn't feel bad about it me and my boyfriend went out and bought everything yesterday : )
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I did not have a shower beyond my first child. I was actually a little bummed each time, but only because my best friend had showers for each of her babies (she has 3) and no one ever even asked me beyond the first. It wasn't about "stuff," I just felt a little left out or like no one cared about my little bundle of joy coming into their lives.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2011