Can Christians...

Can people who are Christians also believe in reincarnation? I have a friend that is a Christian but believes in this and it seems contradicting to me. Truly curious about this...

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Reincarnation is not a Christian or biblical teaching: the bible says in Hebrews 9:27.And just as it is destined that each person dies only once and after that comes judgment,

We die only once.. we do not come back as anything.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I'm a Christian and I believe in reincarnation.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• busybee...is there something in the Bible that makes you believe that? I'm curious to know why. I was always taught then when we die, our soul goes to Heaven or Hell. There is no coming back.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thank you Bonn...I'm going to go look that up right now.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• As a christ follower, i believe Jesus diedfor us so that we can be fogiven and have eternal life with the Lord. He didnt die so that we can be reincarnated. He died so that our souls can be saved and we can follow Him . How can we follow him if we are to be reincarnated?..
    It is contradicting to be a christ follower and blieve in reincarnation. You eaither believe Your sould gets delivered to the Lord or You dont.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Technically wasn't Christ resurrected? So, yes? ALL Christians believe resurrection exists.. or else they would have to deny Christ was able to do it. I don't know further then that though, of actual established Christian faiths that accept resurrection as a possibility for the followers. I seem to recall one of the lost books of the bible, or rejected books, was filled with scripture about resurrection.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• True Christians don't believe in going to heaven or hell.
    Anonymous

• True Christians don't believe in going to Heaven or Hell? If not, then what do they believe? What religion are you?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Jesus said the meek would inherit the EARTH, not heaven or hell.
    Anonymous

• The earth AFTER He made it new again. That is where we will stay. The earth has not been renewed, and until then...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008