I feel like money owns me.

I feel that I'm not happy without it (even just to make it month to month) and I feel like I have nothing to offer people but money, and when I don't have that (like now) I'm not worth anything to anyone....
Does anyone know what this feels like or knows something I can do to get out of the mentality that i'm not worth anything without money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Find your own value figure out what you want and go after it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Volunteer- Your time & efforts wont cost you a dime- but are worth more than what you can take to the bank.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• you need to go to counseling. You have bigger underlying issues than money. Maybe low self esteem? Good luck
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 9:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have no clue what it means to pay others to like me, I love "me" and think I have a lot to offer, and know the core of relationships that make them meaningful...

However, I think you can do a "gratitude Journal", start with the things you are grateful for in life, morph it towards your strengths in life and how you are thankful for those... and do what gives you meaning/purpose in life?

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Money doesn't define a person ~ I would encourage you to seek counseling, there is a whole wide world out there and you might need some help finding your special place in it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• congrats you are coming to understand the purpose of money from the government. go to youtube type in "history of money".

How can you get out of the trap?

Take advantage of it, the loopholes are what rich people use to keep getting richer.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011