Did it work?

Has anyone had the surgery for their carpal tunnel? My doctor is thinking I may have to have the surgery but does it really help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Health

• my sister had it in both hands....it helped her. She still works on a keyboard every day.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 9:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My grandfather had the surgery for both hands, and it worked GREAT!! I used to work in a PT clinic and our hand therapist treated people who had this surgery and we saw a lot of good outcomes there.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I've heard mixed reviews. I'm avoiding it as long as I can. I've been working out, and that seems to be helping my symptoms, as well as physical therapy. I wear braces at night, and stretch out each day. I'm not a big fan of having surgery unless absolutely necessary. Maybe one day I will get the CTS surgery, but if I can put it off for now, I will.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My brother had it done. It helped in the beginning but now it is almost back to the way it was before.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 9:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Try this to relieve the pressure: rest arm on table, from elbow go down 2 inches toward hand (palm down) feel for a tendon that moves your middle finger when you rub it. GENTLY massage that tendon right to left, not towards your hand. It aches at first, but helps.
    Always ask a health care provider before you try anything you read online...yadda yadda. ..
    jazzgal

Answer by jazzgal at 9:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I need both as well. One hand is so bad that I have no feeling in 4 fingers. They're completely numb.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my mom and aunt had it done to both of their wrists and it's helped them!!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 10:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2011