I was wondering...God for bid I had to give my kids Benadryal in an emergency....

One is 16 months and the other 3 Months...What would the amount be?? my friends son broke out from sheets in his crib....I jut want to know incase..I am a worry ward...Thanks Moms

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 9:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the 3 mo old can't have it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Call the pediatrician for the dosage. I have given it to my two year old a lot. She's allergic to a lot of things and it helps relieve her hives. I found the amounts on the internet. I'd double check that though. Don't think I'd give it to a tiny one.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 10:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~ ask the doctor!!! My 3 and 5 year old were allergic to their own teething, swallowing a lot of drool I guess, and in order to prevent the rash they'd get with each incoming tooth, doctor had me give benadryl... ~*Giggles*~... still makes me laugh, because I'd never even heard of such a thing with my 15 year old year back... hahaha

The doctor bases it on their weight
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm pretty sure it's only for ages 2+
    Anonymous

• Just ask your pediatrician, I know that the 3 month old can't have it - but my doc told me how much to give my 12 month old when he broke out into a rash.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Call your pediatrician for the dosage. The consequence of getting it wrong is too severe for you to rely on anyone's opinion over the internet.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It's generally based on your child's weight. Ask your pediatrician what he/she recommends.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You can also call the pharmacist at your local pharmacy. They will ask you your children's weight and tell you the correct amount.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Our pedi's office has a dosage-by-weight chart for common meds (kid's Benadryl and Tylenol/Motrin and infant's Tylenol/Motrin). Call your pedi and ask if they have something like that. Weight matters more than age in little ones.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ask the pedi. They'll take into consideration the weight of the child and can let you know if it is safe. I give between 1/4 and 1/2 tsp of benadryl to a 14mo / 22lb baby. Ask before dosing though.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011