Did anyone watch 20/20 (Kati Kim story) last night?

I was near tears. I don't know what I would have done, as a mother. I googled her briefly and some articles (not sure if it's reliable) that prior to the tragedy, her and her husband own 2 retail stores. Since the tragedy, she has lost both stores and the home due to recession. My heart goes out to her. I am not techno-savvy, does anyone know a good/sure way to reach out to someone like that? even a small donation?

Olivia4116

Asked by Olivia4116 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*AWE*~... and some *HUGS*

I saw that 20/20 piece too and even I almost cried, knowing full well I'd seen the news coverage of it... at one point I asked hubby if we couldwatch something else!!!

Contact those that did the piece/story...explain your intentions and leave your info to pass along to them? That is what I would think, unless they ahve a personal site up... but with scammers these days, I would be leery
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• honestly i'm going to come across as mean here but i didn't need to watch it i had a front row seat to all the coverage 24/7 since i grew up in oregon and the major news stations in the state are based out of portland which i was near. now honestly unless you either grew up driving the back roads in that state or you have a very accurate gps system nobody should be driving off the freeways and main lighted/signed highways. i grew up in the state like i said and i don't even drive on some of those back roads especially not in the winter time. in this case though a good chunk of the blame falls on whoever's responsibility it was to make sure that gate was supposed to be locked but some of the blame falls on the kims themselves for getting off the main highways and freeway. also i'm sorry if i offended anyone writing this but it is my opinion and i should not be bashed for it.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 1:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I didn't watch the story from the beginning and missed parts at the end, but it was not my impression that Kati Kim was trying to blame anyone for what happened. She was simply describing what they went thru. You may be right, but what you stated is still pretty harsh. My feeling is that in this situation, regardless where the blame goes (and mute at this point), 2 little girls will never get to know their father, a woman is left without her mate, it's a tough situation. People make mistakes...and in this instance, the consequence is unforgiving. She could use some sympathy and compassion, if anything, think about the children. They didn't do anything to cause this.
    Olivia4116

Comment by Olivia4116 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011