Does anyone have a clue how to start my own stationary business?I

I have been looking for something for me. I think that I have found it. I want to start my own stationary business. I want to sell things like stationary for letters, cards, business cards, invitations, etc. Can anyone tell me how I can get started?

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 10:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• ~*Advertising*~... I am guessing that you already have the ability, and it is something you enjoy doing... so next step is to start locally... little shops/stores, local advertising, webaddress with samples... and go from there!!!

~*Hugs*~ and hope you are supper successful because it sounds like it would fun/cute to do! Look for your local business women groups! they are extremely helpful for gaining the busines aspect of things
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*SBA*~... small business association is a start!!! And truly hope you gain a footing for your work
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• have a game plan..full business plan.. and yes advertising is key.. to do personal business you'll need a tax id # but depending on your area you may need a business license. write down anything and everything you will need or have to start with .printer paper everything because you'll be able to claim it on taxes..if u have any questions email me..i own a small advertising business and a few websites
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My daughter and I are planning to do the same thing. I don't know your income but you can get a grant(you don't pay back) from the government if you qualify. they have them just for woman and minorities. to heck with the white men. they don't want to help them for some reason. i am happy for you. good luck you can also take online college courses in business management.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 3:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would start on Facebook and Etsy. Facebook can be GREAT advertising. :) Good luck!
    dixie383

Answer by dixie383 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Piggyback of an existing company that does all the *hard* work for you, so you can simply have fun marketing/selling stationery. For example, take a look at Paperly (www.Paperly.com). They enable stationery enthusiasts - buyers & sellers - to connect via fun, social, at-home parties.
    Jay R.

Answer by Jay R. at 10:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011