Eye shadow, blush, lips...bare Minerals or Mary Kay?

I recently ordered the starter kit from bare Minerals and I'm IN LOVE with this makeup!! I have an 8mo baby and this quick application is exactly what I need, along with being very good for my confused skin. I'm converting over from MAC (I have two drawers full, but they need to be trashed). I want to start buying eye shadows, blushes, and lip colors. My sister is manically into Mary Kay, but I still don't like the huge list of ingredients.

Looking for suggestions...should I invest in the bare Minerals, or do you like Mary Kay?? Thank you in advance!!!

Fourbymom

Asked by Fourbymom at 6:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Bare Minerals all the way...I have been using it for years and my skin always gets commented on how natural and beautiful my make-up looks. It is so natural and good for your skin you can even sleep in it, not that I recommend that. But IMO I would go with Bare Minerals over anything else out there. It also lasts a long time compared to all other products. You won't regret it...

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i like the bare minerals base/blushes..mary kay lipsticks/glosses, eyeshadows are great...not so much for the mineral foundations-they don't cover well, and tend to 'sit' on the skin, rather than blend into it like the bm.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• bare minerals. check on ebay, too, you can get some great deals just use caution. Also I use a tinted moisturizer under the bare minerals. You can also apply it with a slightly damp brush for better coverage.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am a Mary Kay girl. To use Mary Kay's mineral powder foundation is great for someone who does not like a liquid or cream foundation. But her skin needs to be flawless and moisurized. I have very dry skin and love foundations that goes on smooth with moisurization. In today's beauty market, we have many great product companies. No excuse for a woman not to look her best!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I too am a Mary Kay girl! And agree with RidingPink. I say you and your sister get together or even get together with a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant in your area and compare apples to apples...make sure you check size and brush as well. I have a client that has switched from Bare Minerals to Mary Kay. She loves the Mineral Powder Foundation..And RAVES about the Mineral Application Brush! Loves it!! So, don't go all Bare Minerals yet.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I'm a Mary Kay girl as well. I haven't yet tried their mineral stuff, but it will be my next makeup purchase! Bare Minerals actually made me very oily, not cool.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I prefer Mary Kay. I have never been happy with Bare Minerals.
    Anonymous

• I love bare minerals I 've been using it for abaout 5 years I use the eyeshadows and everythiing else they have. I haven' tried any of the mary kay stuff though.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I used to use MAC and converted to Bare Minerals but missed the awesome MAC colors. Then I found a Mineral Makeup that has amazing colors and the owner will custom make the colors you request. She just needs a little sample of the color you want. I broke out all my MAC colors and sent them to her. LOL I use all her stuff because, while I loved the Bare Minerals, if I was sweaty my face would itch. I also got my hands on an ingredient list and there were a few things in there I didn't like. This lady I buy from now makes the makeup herself and doesn't add "stuff" to it. PM me if you want to check out her stuff. (No I don't sell her stuff..........I just LOVE it)
    DestMasters

Answer by DestMasters at 8:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Mary Kay is the only way to go!
    Anonymous