Always alone

Ok so i am noticing this trend with me. When I do "big" things most people typically have a supporter there with them. For example having a kid, or going to a doc appointment, going to court. I am always alone for these "big" moments. I am a very sweet person but I cant seem to get anyones support. Like I am going to court over a ticket. I know it will be okay ince I show up and speak to the correct people I can go about my life but I would love to have someone there just for moral support.

Some people I know are busy and family wont come cause they either dont have a car or wont drive that far out for me. I hate doing these things alone. It makes it 10xs more stressful. :(

Why are people not supportive of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know.....but I don't think it's uncommon....In my experience most people do these things alone, unless they have a spouse that comes with them.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Have you asked anyone to go? I have found that sometimes we wait for people to volunteer and be a good friend because that's what we would do, but then I realized that everyone thinks different. I say if it's important then ask .
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 10:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• No i have seen people have their sister, best friend, other friends from their group come and support them. IDk...i dont think something is wrong with me just dang having a supporter is helpful.

I know my situation I am wanting to get it over so to have someoen to shoot the breeze with and if soething happens I can call them would easy my mind but I am like all alone. If something happens to me...IDK what would happen to my son. .................
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... if ya lived near me, I would be there for ya!!! I don't think anyone should be "alone" during those big moments in there life!

Probably nothing wrong with you, just need to be more picky about those you let close to you... quality not quantity
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Honastly It just sounds like you dont have any close friends. Do you have any friends at all?
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Not sure but I do it all alone as well. I think it makes us stronger handling it alone but that's just me

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It sounds like you are very independent and capable. What's wrong with that? But to answer your question, I think maybe your friends and family assume you can take care of it yourself, they don't need to get invovled? Tell the person who is close to you, that you don't need the help, but you love to have their company. He/she will show.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Everyone needs someone :( Try looking in the paper or online for local events, sometimes they have group meeting for moms or play groups for kids where you could possibly meet other moms. I'm really shy so things like that are hard for me but once you got involved you could meet some people and maybe find a good friend. I even took my son to the library once for a kids book thing they did weekly and I met a lot of really nice people. I can't imagine how you feel and I'm really sorry. After my sons dad left me I felt so alone, I hated christmas shopping alone, things typically both parents ould do for a child together. And I still had family support and a few friends but it wasn't the same, I couldn't imagine not having anyone :(
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Also, you're not completely alone, you have your son :) If anything enjoy the time you spend with him more
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm there with you - when I had my last surgery, I was in the hospital for 2 nights. My sister was there at the very beginning because she was there during the surgery, and my bf at the time came to see me that night, the rest of the time I was alone. When I had my daughter none of my "friends" came to see me at the hospital. I have no friends.
    But for a ticket, i wouldn't want anyone with me unless there's a chance of them sticking me in jail. Are you sure you have to go to court? Last ticket I got, a year ago, I was able to pay my fees and court costs, and not go to actual court - I guess I pled guilty and why waste time? Good luck though!
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 11:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011