If you or Dh makes decent money but has no degree

what do you do and how much do you make a year? thanks so much. By decent I mean 35k a year or more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband is an electrician and makes about $52,000 yr. It isn't a zillion dollars but it's not zero either. When I worked I made about $38,000 yr.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My hubby works for the IRS (nope no degree lol) and makes a good 40 thousand a year. But he's currently working on becoming a Vet.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... are you looking for a new career?

My husband makes around 80k a year... could be more but I'd prefer he be home with me and his kids!!! We are more important than any dollar he makes!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• military - $6k / mo - 29 years invested
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 11:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My husband works in a corporation. I think everyone assumes he has his degree. He makes $175,000 per year. I am a graphic designer with a degree. I make $90,000 per year.
    Anonymous

• My husband is an assistant manager at Lowes and he makes $45thousand a year. He has worked there for almost five years and started at $9 an hour. He now make $21/hour.

I will say, where we live that is middle class.
    Anonymous

• Dh works for aflac (he's in management, 8 years vested and started when he was 18), and makes about 150,000 a year...but his trips the he qualifies for are always considered money earned, so we have to factor that in..I don't have a degree and stay at home with our dd who's 3 in June.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My DH has worked for LAPD for 12 years and is currently a Motor Officer. They get paid on the higher pay scale for the danger of their job. His salary varies yearly anywhere from $110,000 to $150,000 depending on how much overtime he gets. Last year he made $120,000 but was also in an accident at work and missed work for 5 months.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Mine  has a fluff undergrad degree and attended a Masters program, but  never technically put it all together and received his degree. He has worked in the same industry since he was in HS. He is  the #2 man and the head of a department at a large national company, and makes about $350,000 (salary)+ S.Os and other perks. I have a BSN degree and work PT in nursing making ???.... it all goes to my 401K- We are in our 50s...I think it's much HARDER these days.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Mine is an E6 in the military and he does okay. I am a government contractor and make half of what he does each payday. We average around $7300 a month after taxes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011