What was your 37 Week checkup like?

I'm 37 weeks and have my weekly appointment tomorrow. Haven't had the cervix check done yet or anything... is this when it starts? What else do they check for in these next few weeks? Did you experience any pain with the examination?

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 11:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i had slight pain with the cervix check, but then again i dont handle pain well! Basically, that's all that happens. At my 37 week I was told I was dialating well, and that I could have the baby any day. I was 42 weeks pregnant when we delivered, and I had to be induced and have my water broken for me....
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Its not to bad its more pressure than pain. Depending on the dr they might start checking you this week they may not good luck
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• They checked my cervix at 36 weeks. They also scraped my membranes. I had him a week later
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• it doesnt hurt, its just a few fingers (no more than the duck bill , lol.). They may not even check you yet, but you could always ask them to check.
    Mrs.Fleming

Answer by Mrs.Fleming at 11:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• with my dd, my ob checked me and told me i was in labor (i had no idea)
    with my ds, i didn't make it to 37 weeks, i had him at 36
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• At my dr office you know the second you walk in the door whether or not your going to get checked because the gown is on the exam table waiting for you. These are the dr. appt you look forward to. They can give you some hope on how soon the baby will be comming. Remeber that even though you are progressing doesn't mean that you will go this week but it still provides a sence of hope. Hopefully at this point you are still confortable and sitting and sleeping is easy.

The exams aren't fun but you can handle them. Otherwise the appt is the exact same as everyother appt. The only difference I saw is that my dr told me when he was on call and what days were good for me to come in if I go into labor. Of course I didn't go into labor or those days but it was nice to hear.

Good luck!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I was in the hospital when i had my 37 week check up cuz the flu but they did check me so they should check you tom good luck i won't know what happens at my 38 week check up till tue
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My OB only does cervical checks on request, and even then he usually doesn't do them before 40 weeks. Some doctors do start them earlier (36 to 37 week window) but there is really no reason for it. They do a belly check, like every other time. They also might do a strep B culture (just q-tip swab of the vagina and anal area) at 37 or 38 weeks. (I get mine done earlier, but only because my babies are born earlier.) They will feel to see what position baby is in. They may also send you for their routine end of pregnancy ultrasound where they'll look for "big baby" (ignore them), "low fluid" (ignore them), and baby's position.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011