So much for a great Vday!

So I guess I assumed we were celebrating v-day today! So after I got off work I went and finished hubbys gift bag...nothing major. Since my mom said she would watch the kids for a while we went out to eat! Tried a new restaurant..it was like a sports bar scene not romantic or anything but it was fun to try.I didnt get a gift from him..although he mentioned going to look for my wedding ring, my mom didnt get home before most of the jewelry stores closed...so we had to scratch that..

Then to really ice my Vday cake, his cousin who NEVER visits decides to come down yesterday. Hubby drove him down to see some family about 45 minutes away didnt come home til about 11 last night..fine they dont see each other often no biggy, I was lonely but definitely sucked it up...well now tonight his cousin wants to go out. He rides down back to their home town and goes to the club and hubby is supposed to be his DD to get home. After only going out to eat and riding around town for like half an hour..thats it..the nights over and im back to being home with my sleeping kids. I definitely feel like crying. We dont go out much at all...and Im not even upset hes going to the club...I just feel like, I wish I had someone to do something with too...but the timing for his cousin's visit sucks booty too!! It really smashed my Vday!! Im so super lonely. Im not used to this at all.I dont go out unless he is with me, without a babysitter thats rare to none! I was definitely expecting him to tell his cousin to do something else, neither one of us is into the club scene at all! Hubs is hoping he'll be ready to go when he gets there...but knowing the cousin I sooo doubt it!!! 

Hows your Vday weekend going?!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• hmmm, I would have a prob with my DH going to the club without me. Thats not really a place the husband should be without his wife. My husband doesn't really got out for guy stuff but when he does its like mudding with his buddies or riding dirt bikes. That is lame he didn't stick up for what he knows you wanted and instead catered to his cuz. Maybe he will do something special for you tomorrow...maybe tonight?? (its sunday afternoon where i am)
    1stTimeMommy101

Answer by 1stTimeMommy101 at 7:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... and *Crossing Fingers* that hubby will do something more to make up for the icky parts!!! You should come "above" others... at the ver least!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• grow up... it is a hallmark holiday. go out another time.

Wow! Rude Much! Sweetie, you are the one who definitely needs to grow up!!!

It is not a Hallmark Holiday, just so you know...the only people who feel that way have no one to love them.

Anonymous

• next year you remind your dh that you were really hurt and upset and would like the holiday to turn out to be something better and he needs to make up for it...it may seem like a long way off but before you know it will be valentine's 2012. you never know though once monday rolls around he might have something for you
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• well your not alone im not getting anything for valentines day either i never do well i got something 1 time & that was it never again
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Sure anon, and you couldve passed up my comment/vent! Happy V-day to you too lonely cat lady
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yea, I was super excited about the ring deal, but it fell through! not really his fault! just sucked...we dont see much of each other all week! we work opposite shifts, and I work saturdays too...soo..this was an awesome chance. dang family! LoL! its okay...ill get over it! I can tell he felt bad, but I wouldve felt worse leaving his cousin hanging!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

Anonymous