Braxton Hicks contractions.....

I feel menstrual like cramping in my lower belly a lot at night... and it lasts for about 10 minutes. Is this BH or not? I'm 35 weeks....

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 11:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• BH contractions are a tightening of the stomach with our with out pain that will come and go. You will feel tightening in the abdomin with or without difficutly breathing. From start to finish of the tightening should be less then a minute and the timing between bh contractions is sparatic. They should go away when resting. A cramp that is continues pain for 10 minutes would not be bh contractions rather it would be a pinched nerve or the baby resting on muscles and putting stress on them.

With my 2nd child I had bh contraction starting at 5 months. Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• braxton hicks. I had them from 25 weeks on. I kept feeling like I couldn't breathe. Thing is, I felt them so often that I confused them with the real thing!!! I was in labor for two days and didn't know it! I actually cleaned my entire house top to bottom the night before I went to the hospital to be induced, and when I showed up at the hospital smiling I didn't know the tightening was actually labor pains! My midwife asked me if I had any pain, I said no,and she looked up surprised,and said, "You're in labor!!! If you were dialating properly I wouldn't even recommend this Pitocin drip!!!"
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ok thanks!
    shanapiv

Comment by shanapiv (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2011