Registries

Do you personally shop from them if you're invited to a shower or do you get the person something you want ?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 11:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If it's a baby shower, I'm likely to buy what I want because money is tight and I like to pick up really nice baby clothes on clearance and lately I've gotten into crocheting things for people. If it's a wedding shower, I try to buy off the registry.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I stick with the registries. If the mother-to-be or the bride-to-be has spent the time selecting what they wanted (it was not fun for me), I feel I should return the courtesy. But the tradition is you don't have to. When a friend of mine registered all her gifts at Tiffany's and Fifth Saks, or whatever it's called (where one plate, yes 1, costs $80), I had to draw the line and went off the registry.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Continue ..yeah, we are not that close anymore.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i usually do unless i know the person really well then i can get away with buying them something not on the registry.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Buy what I want
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2011