What's the latest in pregnancy that you've seen somebody go without being induced?

They usually induce at 42 weeks if you're overdue, but have you or anyone you know gone past that?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 11:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've known two that went past 42 weeks. One was 42 weeks and a day. The other was 42 weeks and three days. Both had healthy babies.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My grandmother went to 44 weeks.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My first came naturally at 42 weeks 4 days. Induction was never mentioned.
    Anonymous

• I was 17 days OD with my First full term prego time... which put me at almost the start of 11 months.........yay me...if this is your first it could be long....just bear with it will end...trust me they can't stay in forever....I just lost trips at 25 weeks I promise they don't stay forever....not asking for symp or being rude just saying
    armymom69

Answer by armymom69 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I was a month and a half over due with my eldest son, I did those stress tests twice a week, he continually passed them, and the day before they were going to induce my labor... he was born! Scheduled for the 14th, he came on the 13th
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• They let me get to 42 weeks with my first, but then he started running out of amniotic fluid, and I was already pre-eclamptic to begin with so they induced me. However, do note they try twice before to induce me starting at 38 weeks and it didn't work. Since my water never broke, the doctor had cleared me to just go home and wait.

Three kids later, I still haven't went into labor on my own. =/ Hate pitocin, but unfortunately it's been required in every delivery.
    Anonymous

• My friends mom went 44 weeks with her. I went 42 weeks and told my doc he was inducing me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I've seen 42 1/2 weeks. As long as the placenta isn't degenerating and the fluid levels are okay (and baby and mom are okay), there's no reason to induce. Due dates are only an estimation, and a rough one at that. According to my charting, their date was 10 days off of ours. We're still convinced we were right. The good news is that it bought us time before they would have induced, had I gone later. By our count, he was about 41 weeks, but by theirs, 39w3d.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Some women go to 45.
    My births were between 40-43 weeks.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• wow that would suck to go that far over due if i don't go by march 2nd there doing a c-section on me that day
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2011