Horrible heartburn :( HELP!

I am almost 7 months preg and for the past month or so I have had the worst heartburn EVER!! It is awful and happens frequently throughout the day. I have tried all the medicines and things that are on my list that doctors approve. The doctor also prescribed pepcid and it's just not working. The worst time is as night before I go to bed when I lay down it feels like my chest and throat are on fire and this awful acid keeps coming up in my throat. I have tried eliminating things from my diet that would cause it and I still get it!! Any home remedies or other helpful ideas?
Thanks! :)

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Zantac is my savior during pregnancy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i'm sorry when i was in that time frame with my daughter i had it but at least for me chewing rolaids helped. what i do suggest though is for you to try sleeping propped up with a pillow or two behind you so that it helps to keep the acid down by gravity.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• There's a spot in your back, that if it's out of place, can cause excruciating heartburn. Go to a chiropractor. If I have heartburn when I go in, having that spot adjusted gives me instant relief.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry :( I heard drinking tons of water will help.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Try to stay upright for at least 20 minutes after every meal. You can even try raising the head of your bed, using wooden blocks, to help you at night. Small frequent meals are your friend! No greasy or acidic foods (including tomatoes, citrus, chocolate, caffeine, etc). No fatty foods. I had it really bad, too. Hang in there, mama. 2 more months! You can do it! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I should have said last night that that helped both during pregnancy and non-pregnant. I adored my chiro while I was pregnant.
    Anonymous