am i the only one...

out there who only wants to have one kid? we have an amazing 21 month old son and yes i have gone through my phases where i wanted another but when i sit and think on it i just want him. anyone else? also though i do worry about the whole only child thing...

sterlids

Asked by sterlids at 6:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No I don't think you are the only one. I was like that until about a month ago then I finally decided to have another baby. My sister also didn;t want another one she did eventally but there are five years difference inbetween her kids. Its your choice. And sometimes its best to have one kid. You can spoil the baby more lol!!!
    Jana86

Answer by Jana86 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Not me - I wanted 4, but then we had our son and I said I would love to have him and 1 more child that way he has someone if something happend to my husband and I at least he wouldn't be alone. Not to mention he will have a play buddy. I am now almost 8 months pregnant with his sister and he is only going to be 16 months so they will be close in age.

If you only desire one child then only have one! Love him and spoil him rotten and don't worry about the only child thing I have confidence you will raise him better and if your worried about him having playmates then arrange playdates - Good Luck!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think its great if you just want to focus on your son and husband ...society always think they know what is best for everyone and really only you know what is best for your family...who knows maybe you will want to foster a older kid or something ..maybe get involved with youth groups and take your son so he will have interaction its your life and I am sure you will make the best choice

Anonymous

• I only have one child and she is 3 years old I am very happy with one because I think you can do more things together. We have a really close relationship. I am very glad I had a girl if i would of had a boy then I don't know if I would feel the same way about having only one child. I don't plan on having anymore. We both decide one is enough for us.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No, I have a couple of friends that have only one child, and both sets of families are well adjusted and both kids are awesome. I think it has to do with what each family feels they want, also what they can handle.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i only wanted one child and he wasn't planned. 8 yrs. later,i had my daughter and she was planned. time changes things. you may end up wanting more and you may not. only time will tell. i know now that i am done! no more for me!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I swore I wasn't ever going to do that again.  Somehow, even though I only gave birth once, to a girl, I ended up with 4 boys.  I continue to be thankful that I didn't have another!

idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 8:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• We only wanted 1. Number 2 was such an accident, but he's super cute! I'll tell you right now how depressed I was when I found out I was pregnant though, damn I did not want another baby!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I definitely want the chance to have another (I think), but for now I'm happy with our family of three. It kinda bugs me when ppl ask when we are going to have another one...this one is wonderful and I like being able to spend all our time with him! :)
    myboyismyjoy025

Answer by myboyismyjoy025 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008