Does your DH/SO fuss at you...

Anytime you decide to bend the rules a little for the kids? I'm currently allowing my son to sleep next to me on the couch because he was really good today, for some reason is still up and its very late, and tomorrow is Sunday and we have NO WHERE to be, so he can sleep in. Not to mention my SO will be at the hospital all day visiting his grandma, so if my son is cranky tomorrow I'll be the one stuck dealing with him. Yet he still argued with me for 20 minutes that I shouldn't let him sleep on the couch as a special treat. And its not just tonight, anytime I do something out of the ordinary, like a candy bar, having a friend over, things of this nature, he has something negative to say. If he were the one home all day I'd understand, but he works and I'm a SAHM so I don't understand why he has to fuss. Anyone else in my situation, or use to be and have some advice?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah and it bugs me to. But I guess it'll be like that always because there are no two people that can parent the same. Every one is different. So once you agree on the big stuff, don't sweat the small ones!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yeah my husband and I disagree time to time but when it comes to parenting we do need to be on the same level. We have to work on that lol!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No, but I know it irritates him. I'll admit I baby our son and so he'll say things like "this is why he thinks he can get away with anything..." blah, blah lol but whatever! But he doesn't usually make a big fuss, he'll just shake his head and put in his two cents and that's it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• DH and I are the other way around. I am the one that sticks to the rules and likes the routine, because I am the sahm and have to deal with everything by myself the next day. DH is the rule bender. I think because he works long hours at times and does not see the kids as often as he would like. He tries to be Mr. Nice Guy at moments :) I try not to complain because I also know that those will be good, fun memories that our kids will have with their dad. I think though if I only had one (and not three little ones) I would also be more lenient at times.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• lol
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2011