Help me solve this nasty mystery!

Lately I've been finding....poop pebbles on the floor around my son's crib. I'm pretty sure they're his but the weird part is he is always still fully clothed, his diaper properly in tact, and nothing on his hands or IN his crib just on the floor around it. So I'm assuming somehow he's reaching into his diaper and pulling them out then tossing them on to the floor. I've never seen him reach in to his diaper before but that's the only way I can explain it. I guess it's better than finding poo smeared on the walls but has anyone else gone though this, and how do I get him to stop? It's just so unsanitary!!

PS We already are beginning to potty train but he seems to have no interest in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does his hands smell like poop? None smeared on his fingers or on his body?

And thats yucky lol - no dogs or cats?
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 12:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Nope none that I can tell. It's the strangest thing. We do have a dog but he's never in our son's room. The poo is too big to be from god forbid a rodent or anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Well typically I suggest putting a child's clothes on backwards if they're digging in their diaper, including their pj's. This prevents them from getting the clothes off, and if the pj's are a 1 piece on backwards they can't physically get to their diaper. But if you're potty training then your son needs to be able to get his own clothes off, so having them on backwards negates that. If it were me I'd place his pj's on backwards for a week, just to see if the pellets kept showing up. If they did you'd know something else was making them, if they stopped you'd know for sure your child was the culprit. And then I'd figure a plan of action from there.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• LOL that is a funny situation I think you should try the mittens test. No child can grab anything with mittens on. So if it stops then the baby is the cause of your nasty mess. But if it is still there then the god or anything else is the cause. LOL but still so funny
    nikkielove

Answer by nikkielove at 2:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• wow that is odd but id try some of the suggestions
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• What about putting him in pajamas that zip (and maybe have them zip in the back). That way he can't get to his diaper.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 12:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011