What do you do when your husbands are gone?

My husband just left for a week today :( What do you do to keep yourself busy while your husbands are away? The nice thing about him being gone is my house will stay clean for a few days, lol. But my son and I will be ready for him to be home when he gets here, that is for sure!

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 12:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I catch up on my me time. I can let the housework slide a bit so I can relax and unwind...or I haul booty and make a mad dash to the finish line of cleaning. Kids become more organized while he's gone and now that I'm driving, I can do the grocery shopping while he's gone instead of spending so much before he leaves. It gives me a sense of independence when he's gone, but I do miss him and glad that he always comes back home.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Well when my hubby goes, it's normally for 3-5 months. I watch whatever I want on TV/ chick flicks, read, scrapbook, crochet. I also try to spend a lot of time with friends.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Luckily the only deployment we have dealt with thusfar was to Iraq and that was in 2008!
    ILoveCade

Comment by ILoveCade (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Clean, Cook, Play with our Boys, Shop for food or other things
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Housework
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 1:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Keep myself busy, keep up with the kids, etc. My husband is leaving for a week on Monday. He has to escort a fallen sailor back to his home.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• :( That is sad! But good for your husband! Is he Navy?

I am just gonna try and do the stuff I don't want to do when he is here. Just cleaned out a closet, lol. My husband went to Korea for the week with his high school wrestling team for their finals.
    ILoveCade

Comment by ILoveCade (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I picked up a few hobbies when my Husband was deployed for a year, one of which was web designing. But I didn't have a Kiddo to chase around then, lol. When my Husband was gone for 5 months training for His current job, Our Son was almost 2 - so He kept me super busy. When He was asleep, I would hang out with my neighbor or do photo editing. I didn't have the internet then, so it wasn't as easy to distract myself. Thankfully, my Husband hasn't been gone longer than two nights since then, but it's been over a year since that happened. In fact, He just had 9 whole days off..and it was MUCH needed for Us and Our Son! You'll do fine..I hope that measly 7 days goes by quickly for you. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I become a different person. I become all in charge and I really get things done. I get lots of work done on the houses. Do everything for me and my LO. I get so much energy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• When he was a BMT and tech school for 8 months, it was a week after our second son was born. I was just busy caring for a 2 yo and new born. Now he works in the field 5 days at a time and I'm doing good to keep the kids from destroying the house. I go between tending kids and cleaning. Don't have time for much else.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 2:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2011