If you see an adult with braces do you think

"yikes" or "cool, they're fixing their teeth"?

Be honest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't think anything other than "I'm glad I got that over with"
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Cool, they are confident enough to get what they need done without worrying about what others think.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• okay, well, I guess that's not SO bad
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My sister had to deal with braces in her late 20s. She finally had the coverage to do it. I don't think anything of it, though I did have plenty of questions for my sister. Corn on the cob a big no no so she kept scraping it off the cob to eat it...chewing gum...rubber bands...all that fun stuff. I got curious, but not in a bad way. -shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would be happy for them that they are fixing their teeth. Some people don't get to get braces when they are kids or teenagers and I think if it's something they want to do then that's great. I would much rather see an adult with braces who is concerned about taking care of their teeth and oral health than an adult who doesn't brush their teeth and they are rotting and gross.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Eh, I scrape my corn off the cob anyway because I don't like it getting stuck in my teeth. ...I like gum - sigh. Just debating if I should work up the courage and get it done. (It scares me, and I've read too many bad reviews about Invisalign now to want to do that!)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think, "I'm glad I had mine in 6th grade."
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yeah, I think thank goodness I got that over with as a kid!
    Cynthia86

Answer by Cynthia86 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't think anything of it. Maybe they finally had enough money to get the braces on.

My cousin had Invisalign and loved it. She was in her early 30's when she did it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I had braces on for the second time when I was 36. I first had braces when I was 12 and they didn't have the permanent retainers back then like they do now so my teeth needed just a little fixing. I wore them for a year along with my two teenage boys. It was worth it and now I have the permanent retainers as well as my kids too. I am glad I did it and the people who questioned why I bothered at my age to fix my teeth I just responded with I want perfect teeth again and they said your teeth are/were fine. I ignored them because it was important for me and that's all that mattered. A lot of people did think I was in my early twenties because of my braces, I guess they made me look younger they said.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2011