Stretch Marks

Hi Ladies, I'm not pregnant yet (boo) but my friend is and she was wondering what other mom's recommended to help avoid stretch marks. Also, where do you get them? Obviously the stomach and boobs, but anywhere else she should be applying cream? Thanks in advance!!

lamr

Asked by lamr at 7:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i used palmers for stretch marks. you can get them on your butt sometimes too. I would apply on my boobs, stomach and butt and it helped. I have no stretch marks. it also helped the itching
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• the butt, hips and thighs. sorry to say, but cocoa butter or anything else won't really help them not come, it just helps them look lighter. stretch markes are really hereditary, so if your mom got them, then expect to have them! (at least that's what my doctor said)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• oh yeah, the itching, to help out with the stretch marks, don't scratch. scratching just makes them worse. it will be so dang hard not to scratch, but it will be worth it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Hips and thighs... Nothing truly works, if you're gonna get them, you're gonna get them.... But Cocoa butter helps... By the way its usually hereditary, but my mom and grandmother didnt get them, so I thought I was off the hook... Not so much...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Getting stretch marks are hereditary. To help lessen the visibility of then Dermatologists recommend not gaining too much weight. Drink lots of water to hydrate skin. Eat healthy foods rich in Omega 3's and Vitamin E. Creams out there help soften the skin only they do no avoid getting them. Bio oil is a good over the counter product for that. Also, if you do get them Mederma another over the counter product is a good one to help with diminishing them a bit. Only lasers or plastic surgery will get rid of them if you do get them.

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Apply on your butt, hips, sides, breasts and belly. Even your legs. Those are the most prone spots. She can use Cocoa butter or she can go all out and spend some $$$ and buy Trilastin SR which works a lot better.
    Anonymous

• You buy Trilastin SR online BTW
    Anonymous

• BOOBS, UPPER LEGS, TUMMY, NEAR YOUR PELVIC BONE AREA'S, BUTT! =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008