Im a first time mom and would like to hear some things to expect!?

Hi everyone, Im new to this site but am very excited because this site was recomended to me. Im 22 years old and im engaged to an amazing man who i live with in a beautiful condo he works extreamly hard to take care of us working for Mass Highway during the spring summer and fall and plowing during the winter. Even though im 22, im finacially and emotionally prepared for the responsability of this baby. Were trying for our first and i just wanted to hear from some other moms and first time moms some things to expect..good or bad. Things like your pregnancy, labor, some personal stories..just some things to look forward to and maybe some warnings! haha. And also how did you tell your parents haha.. Thank you and i look forward to talking with some great moms on here because on yahoo..i didnt get a very nice answer to this question!

Csimoes23

Asked by Csimoes23 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Expect the unexpected.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Welcome and congrats! I would recommend the book what to expect when you are expecting. They go over pretty much everything :) Know that no matter how well you treat yourself things can still go wrong but it is ok to plan on everything going perfectly. Just watch out for strange things. Sometimes I would itch or eat something I don't like or pass out with exhaustion an hour after I wake up from a long nights sleep :) Write down the odd things, they become funny later.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• welcome to cafe mom, hopefully you'll meet lots of nice moms and gain some know how before your little one makes his/her apperance. there are some great TTC groups to join that can be very supportive aswell.
    things to look forward to is hard to answer, its a matter of perspective, what another rmom loves about pregnancy childbirth and being a mom another one struggles with, but one thing to look forward to is your own journey to motherhood, its def a growing experince and brings out the best and the worst in you, you def get to know yourself better.
    I personally loved being pregnant and had no sickness, and really enjoyed watching my belly grow and the chnages in my body, its always fun and exciting to tell family and there are some fun ways to do it.
    biggest warning is your never really ready but thats the point, if we all waited till we were no one would have kids, wishing you lots of baby dust :)
    KPrice777

Answer by KPrice777 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Children never cease to amaze you. You will think every tiny milestone they do is AWESOME. There are no words to express the love you will have for your baby when you first set eyes on him/her. No matter how much you think you love your fiance, he will pale in comparison, trust me.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i get what everyone is saying obviously thers no absolute way to be compleatly prepared for a baby but like you said who ever is compleatly ready! :) Kprice..im definatly looking forward to watching him/her grow in my belly and watching the changes...were hoping for a boy!
    Csimoes23

Comment by Csimoes23 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• First off : WELCOME TO CAFEMOM!!
    Second: CONGRATS!!

I agree with other posters. Expect the unexpected. Expect to be tired. More often than not you will be very tired. But more importantly lean on friends and family. You'll need them. Lean on your fiancee and be each others rock. The first couple months are the hardest, in my opinion.

Joining this site has been one of the best things for me. MOST of the ladies here are sincere and will give you the best advice they can.

Again, Congrats and good luck!!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Some days having a baby is gonna seem so hard. At times it'll feel like you're never gonna get to sleep through the night, but it will all be worth it. They'll smile at you, they'll laugh, they'll learn their first word, they'll grow, and you'll know it was all worth it. Congratulations!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Congrats :) Having a child is amazing. I'm only 20... I gave birth when i was only 19.. Let me just tell you... DON'T let people freak you out about labor. I had a really easy going labor (once i got over all the horror stories).. And i think it was because i remained calm. I knew i would get through it.. and so will you! I do recommend the epidural though :) haha.

Once you have the baby.. you will be so amazed that your heart can even handle holding so much love. It is the most amazing... beautiful thing that i have ever been through.

You will be frustrated.. you will be tired.. you will have days that you just want to cry.. But it will all be worth it! You will watch your baby grow a little bit everyday.. and do new and exciting things.. and just when you thought it wasn't possible to do so.. you will fall even more in love with that child everyday. I wish you the best of luck with your adventure into motherhood. :)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 2:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Extremem fatigue and insomnia can co-exist. Not peacefully, and not pleasantly, but both can be pregnancy symptoms, and they can occur together, at the same time. Not something I'd ever heard about before experiencing it with my second.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011