How to deal...

After my ex got arrested for domestic violence I have been trying to be strong for my son and myself.... I have been in and out of court, dealing with my ex violating court orders, living off literally $10 until my tax return, finding a new job and a new place to live, taking care of my son. I literally can't stop crying right now... I've been so strong but now I just can't stop.. is this normal?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• hugsIt sounds very stressful so I would say yes it is very normal to be crying nonstop under those circumstances.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• What you are going through is not normal. But your reaction to it is normal. It is okay to cry. Find help and support. Is their a womens center? If you go to church talk to your minister. I really hope that things get better for you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes, it's a build up of a lot of different emotions and well, the things you have been dealing with definatly aren't easy things to go through. Try to find something to make you feel better :) Everything will work out, stay strong.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Of course it is. You did not fall in love with a violent brute. You found out he was afterward,. Now you're in the position of picking up the pieces that he shattered, and it's scary to be alone, broke, and caring for another human being.

Contact your local domestic violence service, shelter, or hotline, and tell them of the trouble you're in. Tell them you need help, and see what assistance you can get. Now is not the time to be proud, but to get help, so ask your family, friends, or whoever else you can turn to. The local domestic violence program in my county assists women with getting state assistance, and assigns an advocate to help them navigate the legal process. We also have a designated DV prosecutor and police officer to ensure that court orders are upheld and enforced.

Take care!!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think it wouldn't be normal if you didn't cry. You have to let it out sometime. You're going through a lot and dealing with the stress and everything else, is way more than one person can handle. Everyone needs a release. Stay strong and just remember...what is meant to be, will find its way. =) Good luck sweets!
    denanay80

Answer by denanay80 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• yes it is normal...completely normal...you may want to see your doctor for something to help you with depression. I know the feeling, I have been in two abuse relationships (i know i know I kow how to pick em right?) one physical and mental and one just mental. You will be fine, if you don't like the idea of taking medicine go to a consuelor (sp) or an abused women meeting.. Just keep telling yourself it is for the best..which I am sure you already know. I am sorry you are having such a heard time here is a hug...i hope no i kow everything will work out...but please find someone to talk to or look into some sort of depression meds they even make all natural alternatives.
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have an domestic violence advocate and had to get on PA for the time being. I am looking to go to a counsler.... I really need to just vent, cry and all... I have been on antidepressants before and they made it worse, they made me so sad and violent.
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• just feel like he is winning because he has gotten away with so much for so long and brought me to tears... I feel so weak for crying.... and I can't believe I still even cae for him... I'm just so angry and feel so dumb for ever loving him!!
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• hugsI'm sorry your going through this. I can relate. Hope things start to look up for you. You are not weak, your a strong person to be dealing with all of this. Hang in there.

myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Of course it's okay to cry. What you're going through is stressful. So you need to cry, to scream, to vent. It's healthier than holding it in. It's also important to talk to someone. Friends, family, counselling groups, anyone that can be a support system right now will help. Ihope you work things out soon and remember you are not alone..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2011