Do you wake newborn for feedlots?

Do you wake your newborn in the middle of the night every two to three hours exactly for nursing?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The nurse in the hospital told me to do this. I thought it was a dumb idea, and was always trying to stop her from waking my son. We were only at the hospital 3 days, but that 3 days was enough training for my son, damage was done, and since then he has only slept completely through the night 1 or 2 times in his life. Do you want your child to wake up in the middle of the night for a long time? I'd recommend thinking about 6 hour or more stints, and just sort of check on them without waking them if you're worried. Seriously, I'm at 2 (almost) years of interrupted sleep...you might want to avoid that.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 1:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• any doctor will tell you not to wake a baby at night to eat because it teaches them to wake during the night
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• The nurse also told me that at the hospital. His doctor really didn't care much if I did or didn't as long as he eats. I'm just so scared I will like starve him.
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• nope they will wake up on their own when they are hungry
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Eating every 2-3 hours helps establish and retain a milk supply.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• join Breastfeeding Moms group there alot of help with this and you won't starve your baby they will eat when there hungry and if you wanna look stuff up you can always check out kellymom.com

Gen

Answer by Gen at 2:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• The nurse told me that too.... IMO, its outragous! Hell no, i would never wake a sleeping baby for a feeding!!!!!!!!!!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• yeah been there done that
    brianna11

Answer by brianna11 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Your baby wont starve.. i was terrified of that too.. i woke up more than he did just to make sure he was still breathing and okay.. I say if the baby is sleeping.. let him sleep. He will wake up and let you know when he is hungry! :)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 3:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Weird I never was told to wake them. We were told to let them sleep and that they will wake up when they are hungry.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 3:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2011