What are some fun activities to do with toddlers?

I want some fun ideas because I am a stay at home mom. We do lots of reading, playing with her toys, and learning and teaching skills on babyboost for kids on demand. I also take her to the parks and friends houses with their kids so they can play. But what is there that I can do with her?

Someone suggested dance class for toddlers and my locol library so she can be with other children. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have been introducing art to my 16 month old. We are trying to teach him coloring.. and I think I'm going to make some valentines with him :) Reading and music are always fun.. dance around and be silly with her :) My son LOVES that.. and it blows off all that extra energy! As far as learning and whatnot.. maybe teaching sign language would be fun for you guys! Or involve her with cooking and baking.. I know that my son LOVES to help mommy.. so getting her involved while you clean up around the house would probably even be entertaining. they are at a stage in which they love to please and help mommy out! Hope i gave you some ideas! :)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 2:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• All great ideas. How about a trip to the aquarium or zoo. Or go to your local pool and go swimming. I know my son LOVES the pool! Around here there are "Toddler Gyms" full of bouncy toys.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• And I totally agree with Kaitlala... finger painting or anything along those lines. And my son LOVES to help me with anything too... getting things for me, shopping for food, cleaning.... they like feeling like "big kids" and it is a great learning experience!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thank you. I will try the coloringmore often, dancing more often with music, I also will try the baking. She does love to help, she's little momma lol she is silly
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My 2 yr old's fave thing in this world is to blow bubbles lol. It's actually our potty-training reward! You can blow them in the house too, just be careful because it can be a slip hazard. We blow them into the bathtub(when she's not in the tub) and then rinse out the soap so no one slips. She also likes "helping" me do anything and everything. She has a toy vacuum that she uses while I'm vacuuming. I let her help me cook food sometimes with the easy stuff that is safe. Let her help you open your mail. There's TONS of things she can "help" you with. It will teach confidence and independence!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Checking the mail is exciting for my little guy too.. i always give him the coupons and junk mail and tell him that it is HIS mail! he likes to pretend to look at it like i look at and open my mail. haha. its so cute how they imitate!
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 3:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• my dd always loved the library. They had puzzles and story time
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Kids that age love to imitate anything they see mommy and daddy doing. My little girl has her kitchen set in her bedroom and she loves to pretend she's cooking like me. I've even heard her yelling the same things I yell like "Mommy, da muffins is burnt!" She likes helping me feed the dogs and brush the horses. We influence our children in ways that we can't even imagine and they love doing what we do. I also let her help me bake and I sit and color with her and we watch movies. It all depends on what she likes.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• finger paints
    dressing up
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2011