What kind of food and games should I do for my daughters 2nd bday?

My daughters 2nd Birthday is coming up and I am planning like crazy. I have invatations and themes but no ideas for food or games.
the theme is "Over the Hedge", help

lauraluann

Asked by lauraluann at 7:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dont stress yourself to much its only her 2nd bday and she wont remember. i was the same way with my son and he has no idea i went to such extremes.
    i say stick with finger foods, such as veggies with dip maybe a fruit tray, meat and cheese tray chips and dips those type of things. or you could do pizza but then not eveyone likes the same pizza so i say stick with simple.as for games no idea most the time the kids are playing and the adults are talking.
    Anonymous

• thanks, I know it is only her second bday but I never got parties as a kid so I kinda go overboard, I am limiting myself a little more this year
    lauraluann

Answer by lauraluann at 10:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• why is it that when u ask about party's for you 1 or 2 year ppl say dont make a big deal. You do what you want its your child. have you considered hiring a clown or something? I did it for my daughter she loved it and so did the kids. but if they are afraid of things then go another route. hhow about having it at a fun center where there are games that she could play too. just invite close family and friends because it can be pricey.
    lovemybeba

Answer by lovemybeba at 12:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We are having it at our house, because we can't really afford to rent any place due to it being so close to christmas. She is afraid of clowns so that won't work. IDK
    lauraluann

Answer by lauraluann at 11:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2008