What would you do if you suspected your dd was bicurious?

Well a few months ago i was looking at my stepdaughters myspace( were friends on it) and saw that she had herself listed as bisexual.She was only 14 at the time, i also saw how her friends were telling her gl on whatever she decided to go with male or female. I asked hubby about it& he questioned her, of course she said they joke around& it wasnt true.He believed her.Now a few minutes ago i saw her fb page& she has it listed that she is interseted in men & women. Now i dont have a problem w/any of my kids being gay.but i just fel as if she doing this because her friends are idk, i dont want her to do something now & then regret later.Or am i over reacting? I was thinking about telling hubby n having a talk w/her.I have seen other comments that she has posted & they dont seem right for a girl her age.Yet i dont want to be the evil step mom. Pls no bashing any advice?

gabby06

Asked by gabby06 at 2:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• coming out is hard.... especially if she is that young. I am bisexual and didn't admit it until I was about 18. Don't press it. It is only going to embarass her. She will tell you when she is ready
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Maybe you could try talking to her yourself? I mean, if your relationship is good like that. Not accuse her or yell, just encourage her to do what makes HER happy not her friends. And I would express that she will be loved either way, it isn't that that you are worried about.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 2:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My oppinion is that she could be curious all she wanted but in my house it wouldn't go any further then curiosity and even that killed the cat! My point is she has pleanty of time.She is far too young and should be more focused on scool work not school mates.I have a step daughter too right around the same age.She is raised quite differently at her mom's but when she is in my home she must respect the rules!Rules are the same for all children who live or enter my home. World Peace and Love!
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 2:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I question that a 14 year old should be on facebook. Especially advertising that she is interested in men and women. Some one needs to supervise her activities. This has nothing to do with being bi or not. It is just not safe or appropriate for a 14 year old.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes thats exactly what i was thinking , that she is just curious but of course too young.Id understand if she were 18( which is still a young age) but right now she is still a little girl& yes we all know that they dont think they are at this age,Idk i feel if i talk to her or both hubby n I maybe she will understand that this is not an age to be thinking about boys or girls,Oh Dear Lord! I remember when my sil said that from age 13-18 are the hardest, my lil ones are only 2& 4 so i can still conrtol them.Wish me luck!
    gabby06

Comment by gabby06 (original poster) at 2:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Tootoobusy you are right, there are a lot of things that my hubby lets her do& i am againts but the step mother never wins.
    gabby06

Comment by gabby06 (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Before you talk to her you need to decide how you really feel about it. You really can't help her decide her own sexuality, but you can provide her love and support and a safe place to figure it out.
    bekej

Answer by bekej at 2:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'd leave her alone about it. I'd take action if you think she is having sex, using drugs, drinking, ect...
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• well thats also what im afraid it will lead to , her having sex, if she is thinking she is bicurous then there would only be one way to find out. Of course we keep an eye on her at home but we dont have control when we are at work& she is at school.
    gabby06

Comment by gabby06 (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Let her be, she will tell you who she is when she finds out, just keep the monitoring like you were before.

Answer by older at 9:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2011