i know that backache and leg cramps are normal. but could it be the start of labor?

It really really hurts and the cramps are in my hips and I can hardly walk. I think my doctor does not know what he talking about. I have done the stretches but the pain is still just as bad as before. It is feeling like it is getting worse.

bix019

Asked by bix019 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you could be going into labor that's part of it, but you'd also feel contractions in you abdomen, your hips are probably getting ready for the day, take some tylenol and try to stay off of them if it's possible.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• that's exactly how i felt the day before going into labor....by back and hip ached sooo bad....take a warm bath...i felt like that for about 36 hours before i actually started having contractions...im sure for some people it last longer.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had contractions in my back and legs, I never really felt the pain in my abdomin. Time them as if they were contractions and the future will tell.
    LadyLois

Answer by LadyLois at 11:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Your baby could've dropped deeper into your pelvis... that makes it REALLY hard to walk. You're probably getting closer to labor, but it could still be a week or two. Try to relax & Good luck!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• thank you all very much. I went back to my doctors and found out I am dilated to a 4 and now on bed rest completely. I am only 32 weeks, almost there but not quite.. but thank you all very much
    bix019

Answer by bix019 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2008