How many dates did you go on with dh before getting married?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• We went out for a year before we got married and had at least one date each week. We still have a date night each week where we go out to eat and/or a movie.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 9:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You mean like formal dating, like "Pick ya up at seven" kind of thing? Well that would be zero.
    Seriously, we were just friends for years, then one day out of the blue, he asked me to marry him. He even went to my parents beforehand and asked them for permission to ask me. I had to think for a second before I knew it was the right decision, I said yes and we jumped into my van, went to the JOP and got married right then. Been married for almost 12 years now, two kids and one on the way. Not the norm to be sure, but it worked out for us.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My DH and I spent every weekend together for 6-7 months before we got married. We also spent a lot of time together during the week as we worked in the same location. There was a lot of time spent with each other in other words even though most people date for much longer than half a year before getting married.
    1stTimeMommy101

Answer by 1stTimeMommy101 at 4:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't know, not many..we met in late November/early Dec and were living together by mid January. We lived together for about a year and a half before we got married. Not typical and everyone thought we did everything too fast, but we have been married for 13.5 years, so it was good.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Not a lot of "dates" we were 14 and 15 when we met and neither of us wanted our parents hauling us around. We spent a lot of time together just hanging out and getting to know each other. We were 16 and 17 when we got married.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• 1 real date. But we spent ever day together.

Answer by louise2 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We dated almost a year before we got married.
    bekej

Answer by bekej at 11:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• A real honest-to-goodness date? None. We spent a lot of time together, with our families and just us. We went to church together. That's all. Married a year after we started dating.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My DH and I dated for almost 5 years before we got married, can't remember exactly how many dates.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Two official dates. After the second we never spent a day apart. We've been married 11 years.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 4:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2011