First time hubby went out will be his last!

Seriously...so hes still not home..its 5 in the morning! His phone died...although I know the people hes with have phones so he could atleast say hey, im not dead or anything see you soon! but noooo....i have left the realm of hurt feelings and have entered completely LIVID! UG! I doubt tomorrow will be any kind of fun.

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 4:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm with FXmomTo3- he's of adult age, but part o being an adult is being responsible for your behavior, especially once you become a parent (or even a spouse for that matter). He owes you a certain amount of respect; and that includes coming home on time, or at least checking in if he's running late to touch base. If he can't get it together when he goes out, then he doesn't get to go out. If he's going to act like a teenager, then you may have to treat him like one and put your foot down. You might even chain the door for tonight and let him sleep outside. His problem, not yours. I'd be livid. Hang in there, mama. I hope he's home by now!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i agree you cant punish him, but i would remind him that hes a grown, married man with children and responsibilities and where he should be at 5 am is home with his family and not at the bar with his friends. staying out til 2 wouldve been fine, calling sooner to let you know so and so happened and hed be a little late wouldve been fine, but him not calling at all and acting like this is no big deal is not cool. i would make him feel exactly like he is being.. a complete selfish & immature jerk.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't blame you for being mad. That's just disrespectful and selfish.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree its very disrespectful and selfish. I don't think you should "punish" him, your not his mother but he definitely needs to explain himself. Maybe next time yall should set guidelines or something. I don't know, I have never been in this position, my DH doesn't really do guys night out but I don't do girls night out either. BUT I do know that if I was in that position I would be so angry with him for at least not letting me know he was ok!
    1stTimeMommy101

Answer by 1stTimeMommy101 at 5:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I hate being home alone too but if its 5 am it should be light in a few hours right? The children are probably feeding off your fears. Hold it together at least for them, then when he gets back you can unleash! lol
    1stTimeMommy101

Answer by 1stTimeMommy101 at 5:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• what time do the bars close where you are????

there is no GOOD reason for him to be out this late without a phone call...I know some previous posters are calling him an adult, but I hesitate in doing so....he might be an adult by age, but tonight he's sure not acting like one !

How are ya hangin' in there now???
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• hahaha, musicpisces is so right ! I remember with my ex hubby I decided to give natural consequences because I was tired of fighting...so when he'd go out and if he wasn't home by two I'd put a pillow in the garage and a note on the door...you're late, you will be disturbing all our sleep if you come in now (the dog will bark, etc...) sooo, you can sleep in the garage....after about the third time (it was winter that last time) he smartened up ! I didn't fight or get angry....it wasn't worth it to me....but watching him through the window take that long march to the garage in the snow was pure satisfaction! hahaha
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree with the above posters as well but you can't really punish him or tell him what to do because he is an adult and treating him like a child would only make things worse I would assume. You really don't want to be him mother. He needs to grow up but I do think you need to tell him what is working for you and what is not working for you. It does disturb the family if he comes home that late. Not to mention you will build resentment the more he wants to go out and spend less time with you on top of the fact that nothing good happens that late as a previous poster stated. Really....what was he up to? That would be my main question.
    1stTimeMommy101

Answer by 1stTimeMommy101 at 7:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Hubby and I have an understanding that he will be home around or before 2 when he goes out. If that is what your husband told you and then was more than 3 hours late, I would be pretty hacked off too. I don't know that I would go so far as to punish him (after alll, I'm not his mom - thank goodness) but I would be hurt for a while and not so willing to give my blessing for the next guys night out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If I where you I would just not say anything to him. Then when I did say something to him I would say. Sense you do not care about me. I do not care about you either. I would not do anything for him. And when I went somewhere without him I would not be in a hurry to be back home.

Answer by louise2 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2011