Really struggling.....

i have a problem i have been trying to loose weight for quiet a long time but recently i started throwing up everything i eat i did it for a few years butwhen i got pregnant i stopped and now ...i feel like everything a eat will make me fat and my sister says that when we eat its like im disgusted... maybe i am... i know its wrong i know i am not fat im 50kg and 161cm ... but i still feel that i have to be skinnier... i have been thinking why do i wanna be skinny that bad ?.... i think it all started when my husband cheated me with someone who looks a looooooooooooot like me but just skinnier.... i thought maybe my husband likes skinny girls... i just dont know i feel that im doing this for myself but that its someone elses fault .... while its probably all my fault....and its all in my head.... my sister says it feels unpleasant when i eat and look like im disgusted or when i go throw up everything after eating.... she makes it all about herself while im here struggling with this ... i know its wrong but i just cant stop.... its like an addiction.... i just had to write it down ....

krystina888

Asked by krystina888 at 4:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Health

• Honey, I feel for you. You need to seek help with a therapist. Eating disorders only get worse and without a support system of people who love and care about you, you don't stand much of a chance of fighting this own your own. Think about that baby inside you. Think about feeding him/her, not you. Just think of the baby. You really do need to seek help though immediately. What you are doing as I'm sure you already know is very dangerous.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree with SweetLove except I had assumed you've already had the baby...? I've had an eating disorder too...but to the opposite end of the spectrum...I was a binge eater...and I binged to control emotions....it IS an addiction. Writing it down like you did is a great first step ! The rest of of it has to come from within you....but a counsellor at an eating disorder centre or a group therapy session can sometimes just say the right thing that sticks with you. I overcame my issues with the help of a support group....it's easier to talk to them, than it was to family who I felt might be ashamed of me....I've been clear of the problem now for over 3 years and it feels so good. One thing that worked for me was not giving the addiction my power....I felt more powerful when I could say no to binging....and I treated food and eating like a job where I had to calculate its nutritional value....and think carefully before i ate
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i had the baby already im not pregnant now when i was pregnant i didnt do it i ate normally
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You need to seek help sweetie! I was thrown into what they call a "medically induced" eating disorder, and it is a scary situation. Sparta664 is right, mental illness is not a fault! You did not cause this, and you should feel no shame. You should feel proud actually that you have been able to notice this is a serious problem and that you need to seek help. As for your sis, I know how angry she's probably making you but I'm thinking that is her way of trying to help you. Maybe explain to her that you know what your doing is wrong, but how she is approaching the issue is not helping. Explain to her what you need from her & hopefully she'll listen to you. For the sake of you and your baby find some help asap; it will be tough but nip it in the butt now, before it's out of control. Take care, your in my prayers & feel free to msg me if you need to chat.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 9:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It sounds like you could use some professional help - a counselor or maybe a nutritionist who could help you understand how the food fuels you. I think 50kg is like 110 pounds? That is very thin! You must have a rocking body!

Also - I think it's really easy to let our husband's problems create new problems for us... if your husband cheated on you then that's HIS issue. He obviously had something going on not right in his head. It is not a reflection on you. You be your glorious self, and if he wants someone else then let him go chase her. You deserve someone who loves you just as you are.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would recommend that you look first at the issues fueling your eating disorder. What are you not getting in your life that you need? How does food or control of food fill this gap? These are questions that you need to sit down and answer. We so often deal with the symptoms of our illnesses instead of the actual source. Go to the source first by talking with a therapist and then the problem will resolve itself - you won't have a need for it. Will take time, but this is your life we are talking about and you simply have a choice - will you choose a life of quality, health and longevity or a shorter road filled with emotional burdens and unhealthy body. You have the power to make healthy choices, you simply must learn how. Good Luck girlfriend!!
    SigridSK

Answer by SigridSK at 12:51 AM on Feb. 14, 2011