Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What was the most terrible thing you ever saw you child(dren) put in his/ her mouth?

When my dd was about 7 moth old she got hold of a paperclip. I had nightmares for ages about this.


Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 21 (11,551 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (16)
  • puppy poop. ::gagging::

    Answer by But_Mommie at 8:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • bird poop...

    Answer by Soniam301 at 6:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • a penny

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • We baby proofed our house and my daughter was never interested in anything. My son, on the other hand would crawl over to the lamp and teeth on the power cord while it was plugged in and on. He would also take the phone cord and wrap it around his neck while I was on the phone. He would find things you would never think of and put it in his mouth. He took the bottle top from the bubble bath with Barney or Mickey Mouse on the lid and flush it down the toilet, thereby blocking the toilet. My husband learned how to take the toilet apart to get out Barney and Mickey. We did survive those years, because he is now almost 13.

    Answer by robinkane at 7:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • This didn't happen to me but when my niece was 18 months old my sister and her husband were moving and my niece found a razor blade in an old sewing table and put it in her mouth. My sister saw her sucking on something and totally flipped out. Amazingly she didn't even cut herself. That story still makes me nausious when I think about it.


    Answer by Syphon at 7:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • one time my middle daughter, in her crawling phase, picked up something without my knowledge and then gagged it up. i have no idea what it was but it looked disgusting. my youngest has put all kinds of things in her mouth, shes 13 months and crawls/walks so fast she gets something before you even have time to blink. luckily none of my children have choked or been seriously injured from foreign objects in their mouth! knock on wood!

    Answer by tnm786 at 8:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • At the park one day I noticed my son was chewing on something and when I pulled it out it was the end of a broken fork (yes the end that you eat with!) That could have been SO bad, not to mention how gross that someone else had used it first!! I wish people wouldn't litter, especially at a pubic park where kids play!

    Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • A moth (but I didn't see it, her older sister did, and let me know after she had eaten it - yuck!)

    Answer by scout_mom at 8:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • My Son was just starting to walk & we went outside on our deck. He spotted a bird poop on the bench and just licked it before I could get him away! I freaked and washed that poor kids tounge like crazy! Ewwwww........

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • My razor, while I was in the shower. Thankfully I stopped him before he hurt himself.

    Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2011