Antibiotics and OPKS?

I am on 2 types of antibiotics right now, and had a very positive opk last ngiht. Was wondering if medication like antibiotics can interferre with ovulation tests?

mommymary6507

Asked by mommymary6507 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would not think so since what it is detecting is a hormonal surge... It doesn't make sense to me that antibiotics would cause any problems.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thank you for your reply. I am trying to make sense how I am getting a very dark positive OPK when I still have pregnancy tissue I found last week still in me from my miscrarriage I had back in December. And my OPKS have not been positive since. So if it was the left over tissue effecting the OPK why didn't it make all the tests this positive? I have ovulation pains but my OB says no ovulation until levels go under 5, she also said no period, and I had bleeding just like my normal period Jan 30th, lasting 4 days. And the OPK last night matches with when I was suppose to ovulate, which would be today. So did I just prove science wrong? LOL
    mommymary6507

Comment by mommymary6507 (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't know a whole lot about the process of ovulation post miscarriage, but I have a fiend who got pregnant 3 and 4 months after both of hers. I don't know... I would say just go for it and try and if it doesn't happen then there is always next month and the next if need be. There is no harm in trying. Good luck. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thank you :)
    mommymary6507

Comment by mommymary6507 (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2011